Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checked the camera and had this guy on there. By all the sagging skin, he looks like an old timer.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the way the main beams almost touch in front, I am wondering how he will be able to rub on trees. He won't be able to get his rack around them.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
He's a great-grandpa at least for sure. Love that aged long snout on him. ;)

·
22,524 Posts
:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I showed these pictures to the farmers son (non-hunter) where I have this camera. He said he recognizes this buck from previous years. He said he has changed little in the last 4 years besides gettting more mass and longer main beams.

In his estimate, the deer is 8-9 years old. He told me he often hides out during the gun seasons in a small brush patch next to their barn. He has seen him for several years sneaking into that patch after the guns start going off. It is a patch of brush that you would never think to hunt in. If he enjoys seeing this buck around, I think he may have slipped up by telling me that.:mischeif:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Will an older buck's meat taste good? just wondering, i just know that with fish when they get older the meat doesn't taste as good as when they're younger. Nice rack on him by the way, will make a nice trophy for you, even if he cant get all the velvet off :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts