Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a guy call us to clean some frogs out of his ponds for him,said they were over run with them. We went out there with some doubt but ended up with 52 huge frogs for 4 people. Thats a first for me in March

·
Registered
24 Posts
FROG SEASON- Frog season is open from 6 p.m. the second Friday in June through April 30. Only bullfrogs and green frogs may be legally taken. Not more than 15 (singly or in combination) may be taken or possessed at any time. Frogs may not be shot except with a longbow and arrow.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5 Posts
Early Frogging

Way to go! I thought about doing the same thing a few weeks ago. The crazy warm weather had the frogs out all over. Guess I still got the winter motivation, never went out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ya I went bowfishing for some frogs last night. It got pretty cold out.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I'm all for a plate full of frog legs, and I darn sure enjoy going out and getting them. But that guys gonna wish he had some of them frogs back when he's out their fishing and gets run off by all the bugs we're gonna have this year.

That being said. What time is supper????

·
Registered
143 Posts
i use an old flipping stick with some braided line on it with a hook and a piece of old rubber worm on it ..i like this better then trying to gig them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hook with a small red piece of cloth drives them nuts. Also a very small floating frog the size of a nickel is great also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts