Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Was able to put a tag on a 2nd bird this morning around 9:20! I'll take the second two weeks of the season over the first two any year!! Wish we could hunt the whole month of May! No upgrade though as far as stats. Nicer beard but a bit shorter on the spurs.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very cool! Hoping to get there Sunday. I agree with hunting all of May. Birds are still henned up where I hunt! Today was the first morning they kinda seemed lonely. One more evening hunt, gonna take this one to the wire!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
DanT,
Congradulations on your 2nd turkey! :cool:

What do you like about the toms being all henned up?
Are the ones that aren't henned up, easy to call?

I'm still after my 2nd turkey, but with a bow and will probably take this one down to the last day.

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Over the last two weeks, I've seen half the hens I was seeing earlier in the season, with and without toms, and it gets less by the day. IMO, birds are much more henned up mid-to-late April than mid-May. I usually hunt the northern third of th state so probably a little different farther south. Wednesday, yesterday, and today (according to a buddy I talked to) have by far been the loudest of the season so far, on and off the roost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts