Finished....I think!

Discussion in 'Ohio Turkey Hunting' started by Bawana, May 16, 2018 at 11:47 AM.

1. Bawana

Bawana Staff Member Mod

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526485313.532768.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526485346.113813.jpg
    Was out this morning with a friend, never heard a sound until 9:45, then we heard at least 6-8 different gobblers in the next hour, finally this one and another one had a race to see who was going to die, he won! Added bonus was that he is a smoke phase bird.

bluedog, ya13ya03, AES and 10 others like this.
  2. Wow! What a cool bird. Congrats to you guys!

3. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Quite the year you are having. Double beard for you and a color phase for a hunting buddy.

4. That was me that was lucky enough to hunt with Bawana this morning. We got that bird the last hour of the last day I was able to hunt this year and I'm beyond thrilled. It was a great morning to be outside, a great hunt and an amazing bird. This is the first smoke phase gobbler I've seen other than mounts. One detail Bawana left out was that we had numerous hens probably less than 50 yards from us that were constantly yelping. Did those two gobblers go to the live hens? Nope, they came right in to his calling. Very impressive indeed!

bluedog, ya13ya03, Sgt Fury and 2 others like this.
  5. great job guys, and thanks for sharing! that is a beautiful bird. what an awesome season you have had, Bawana!