Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started slow this morning without hearing a single bird from the roost. I decided to just set tight for awhile and he finally decided to sound off. Worked him for about an hour and a half before he finally committed. I thought he would never get in range and when he did I had no shot for at least 25 min. He just strutted back and forth behind the only brushy spot around. Finally he came out from behind it and strutted in to 15 yards giving me the shot. Had a 10" beard and 1" and 3/4 spurs. Definitely not my biggest but one of the toughest and most nerve-racking birds I've taken. ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1336079756.784448.jpg ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1336079777.307163.jpg

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Treedog,
Congradulations on a fine tom and showing the true patience of a hunter. :cool:

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Congrates glad were on the board now ill be back out sat and Sun i haven't been hearing them much

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Congrats. Way to go!

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Congrats, I would like a little more info on how much you called. Im a very impatient turkey hunter. I fear I call to much at times but sometimes I look back an wish i would have called more. I know its about feeling a bird out but Its late, turkeys have been pressured, i wana know more:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called just enough to keep him interested and once I knew he started in my direction I never made another call. I only yelped 2 times and the rest was just clucks and purrs and not many of those.

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Congratulations! Gotta love when patience beats out a tough bird!!! :D :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts