Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

1992 with only 14hrs on it. I took a look at it and called the number. My dad came in to check it out and the rest is history. He has been looking for something this size for a while but pricing was never right. 18hp diesel, 2 stage transmission with 9 speeds, PTO, 3pt, extra wide tires, blade, hopper spreader, dump trailer and roller all included.

If anyone knows about these tractors please comment. This is an American marketed tractor not the grey market as I have learned so parts are easy to get and fairly reasonable. With only 14hrs on it it is practically brand new and it shows, the guy absolutely loved the tractor and had nothing bad to say about it. Can't wait to see what she'll do!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
:thumbs_up:
Looks like a super deal. I have to play devils advocate or just call me nosy
but a 1992 with only 14 hours? What's the history? Why has it just been sitting?
That is just incredible to me...very unique!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The 14hrs on it was from him using it to cart his kids around. He mowed a pasture field with it until he got
A Steiner then he would just ride the tractor to the neighbors place on occasion. The thing is immaculate, still has all original paint and stickers and very little signs of use. It hasn't been sitting he uses it still to go get the newspaper.....haha

Also, I have recently learned he was off by a few years! 1986 was last year of production but some could have been sold later than that.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
My buddys grandpa has a yanmar a lil bigger than this one it is still Going and there not easy on anything so if he's asking any where from $1500/ $3000 I would buy it the tires just aren't worth a darn in wet grass or mud though so get ready to buy different ones if u plan to go get firewood or plow plots

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not easy on anything? I have been looking and reading up on them and have found only clutch issues but it is mainly due to operator error. These tractors were made to operate in flooded rice fields, so the transmission and gearing need to be taken care of.

The Yanmar engines seem to be a proven workhorse (they supply JD engines). The grey market tractors seem to be a little harder to keep running.

The wider tire kit will definitely help but I agree we may have to go with more aggressive tires. We are new to diesel engines so trying to learn as much as we can about maintenance and care....

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ya my buddys family is hard on everything!!! And change Ur oil atleast 1 time a year and put diesel 911 in Ur fuel tank to keep it from geting water in it and geling up in the winter u will be fine

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yanmar makes one hell of a tractor! We have one at work we use for brush hogging and hauling are straw chopper around. The laborers show this thing no mercy and it still runs good. Not sure on the hours as the guage is broken, but I know its 15 plus years old and gets ran a fairly decent amount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts