Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Fike21-Bowfishing 2011

4K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  kendigar 
#1 ·
Well I started my season out today in the small creek on my property. Wasn't there more than 10 min and stuck this one.

See less See more
#7 ·
Good luck.Hope ya wack em.We have been out 3 times this yr at nite so far and have done OK. Nothing great tho. I have one little spot that stays clean no matter what so we have been going there. We are heading to a tournament in IN this upcoming weekend so we have been trying to knock the rust off a little bit

#9 ·
Thanks carpn. Goodluck on the tournament, I'd love to get in one myself one of these days.

Thanks desperado. Yes it has begun, and will only get better. Can't wait till the weather stays warm, and the water stays clear!

#10 ·
Decided to drive to one of my summer honey-holes today to check the water out, only to find it high and muddy. After seeing that I went back to my property for about 30 min. Stuck one that I believe my buddy shot last week that pulled off.

#11 ·
Picking up project bow tonight, gonna try and turn it into my full time bowfishing bow. All I know is that its an old bear. Will post pics later, maybe someone could help me i.d. the thing and give me a little info on it.

#12 ·
Nice shooting! I thought that bow in the pic looked like it could be your deer hunting bow, youll be glad to have a bow just for bowfishing!

Just went over the Greenville Creek and it should be in good shape before to long if we dont get to much more rain.

#13 ·
Yeah that is my deer bow, took a look at the bear and its not going to work, man that thing was the oldest compound I've ever seen! Lol I have another bow I'm going to look at possibly next week. I'll find one sooner or later.

#15 ·
I fish between Greenville and Covington. The creek behind Bears mill is nice but access can be a challenge. I havent bowfished it for a year or two cause now I have a bigger boat and do most my fishing at night but every time I look at my little boat leaning against the garage I think about getting out and hitting the Greenville or Stillwater.

#20 ·
Cool, I live in New Madison and work in Arcanum. We will have to go out fishing sometime. Do you fish mainly creeks or lakes? I have never had much luck on lakes, but maybe I'm fishing the wrong lakes. I usually fish from the creek banks, but those sloped banks are sure tough on your ankles.

#23 ·
will have to try and get you two out on the boat some night, you may never want to walk the bank again if its a good night! :yikes:
we cruise out on my buddies little boat and just gettin a couple on a boat is better than gettin a couple on the bank, at least i think.:confused::idea:

#25 ·
will have to try and get you two out on the boat some night, you may never want to walk the bank again if its a good night! :yikes:
Sounds good to me, I'd love to go. I've never been out on a boat either and only went out once at night. Holding the spotlight and the bow at the same time was pretty tough so didn't stay out very long. If you go out again and want some company give me a call. Or if your into sore ankles and shooting a bunch of fish, you can walk the bank with me. :) I'll PM you my phone number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.