Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know if any of you would know anything about this or not but I am puttin up fence for my lambs and goats and need to pay minimal price for everything. What would be the cheapest way to go, t-posts with electric fence or wood posts with high tensil wire? If there are any other cheap options please let me know. I have to have this done ASAP too so any help would be greatly appreciated

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If you're just trying to keep THEM in and not other critters out high tensil is cheapest/fastest.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're just trying to keep THEM in and not other critters out high tensil is cheapest/fastest.

I lock them in the barn at night because coyotes are a big problem but during the day I can keep an eye out for yotes. The only problem with high tensil is that they only sell it in 4000ft rolls

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
How many acres are you looking to fence?
You could do 8-10 strand and keep out most of the yotes or make paddocks and rotational graze.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many acres are you looking to fence?
You could do 8-10 strand and keep out most of the yotes or make paddocks and rotational graze.

Im fencin probably 2 acres

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
High tensil is gonna be you're best bet (cheapest) and you're lockin em up at night so it shouldn't be a problem. Get a good charger and you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
High tensil is gonna be you're best bet (cheapest) and you're lockin em up at night so it shouldn't be a problem. Get a good charger and you'll be ok.

Whats a charger?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Charger is the box that lights up the wire when grounded.
You either need to run a electric line to the charger or buy a solar operated charger. Depending on the pen location, you will need more wire than you think from the charger location.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Charger is the box that lights up the wire when grounded.
You either need to run a electric line to the charger or buy a solar operated charger. Depending on the pen location, you will need more wire than you think from the charger location.
Ive done got all my fence put up. I got a solar charger. And ive already got my ass knocked off by the electric fence. Hurt pretty bad but I didnt have a power check so I had to use my hand

1 - 9 of 9 Posts