Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What style feather do you use ...I still like the shield feather ...I do fletch some with parabolic ...I think they're less noisy in flight and prefer them for hunting and like the beauty of the sheild when 3d'ing...:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Shields do look a bit more traditional, ****. I've been using either a 2" shield 4 fletch, 3" parabolic for 3-d but I use at least a 4-5" for hunting. Ya the parabolic seem a bit quieter than shields but now flight difference.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shields do look a bit more traditional, ****. I've been using either a 2" shield 4 fletch, 3" parabolic for 3-d but I use at least a 4-5" for hunting. Ya the parabolic seem a bit quieter than shields but now flight difference.
5"sheild and 5"parabolic at regular height...back when i started shooting recurves,mid sixties, it seemed that 5"shied was all that was available...where i lived anyway ...:D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Almost always use 5" shield cut feathers. I've always like how they do such a great job of steering the arrow, and of course they have that awesome traditional look! scout4

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Almost always use 5" shield cut feathers. I've always like how they do such a great job of steering the arrow, and of course they have that awesome traditional look! scout4
yup...its hard to not like the look of the 5" shield...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts