Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize similar threads pop up every year. There are also changes in boots too. I have read where some boots were good back in the day but not so well made today. Soooo.....

What is your Favorite Boot for Bowhunting?

I had some Irish Setter Ruttmaster boots that performed okay for years but I felt they should have held up longer for the price. Which is another reason for this post. I don't want to buy 3 or 4 pair of boots just to find 1 I like. Last year I purchased Cabela's rubber boots and on the second trip out to the woods a stick punctured the boot just above my ankle. It was then I noticed no extra rubber support guard where the boot meets brush. I sent them back for a refund.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I like Muck rubber boots....I use two different pairs. One regular uninsulated pair of mucks for early before the cool weather. I use the Muck Artic 2,000 gram when it gets cooler (below 40) and through the late season. Plenty warm (you cannot wear the Artic in weather above say 40-45 or your feet will sweat even with a light pair of socks). A pretty tough boot and never leaks. I hunt a bottom area that has standing water when it is "dry" conditions and can flood over your waist and cannot be accessed after a hard rain. I have stood during gun season in ankle deep water all day in 30 degree temps without any leaks and warm feet.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I dig my danner uninsulated for early season. Good durability and comfort. Past that some Irish setter insulated boots or some lacrosse rubber boots

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Plain old lacrosse Grange or burleys . Wear good liner socks and wool over them and I find them plenty warm .

I tried a few different brands and types for a few yrs and came back to plain lacrosse for durability and bulk .

I don't care for neoprene uppers for hunting . My rutmasters I tried didn't last one season .

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I'm trying the uninsulated leather route this year. Uninsulated worked pretty well last season into January. Merino socks. Less sweat and dryer feet seems to make the biggest difference to me. I purchased some artic shield boot covers for while on stand in 20s or below. I'm wearing Crispi Nevadas.

·
Super Moderator
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Always had good luck with Rocky boots. There's so many options, you just have to find what suits you best.
I live 20 minutes from the Rocky store. I have owned many of their boots. They are my goto cold weather boots. I'm looking for rubber boots for bowhunting. I may end up there but have Cabela's bucks to spend (Free Boots)

·
Registered
575 Posts
I’ve been using the lacrosse alphaburly pro 1600g the past couple seasons. A good boot never any leaks or holes, plenty of heel and toe protection. Tread shows no signs of wear, the only real sign of wear is the camo coloring on the outside of the boot is fading, so as long as they don’t turn white I’ll keep wearing them.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I like the mid calf rubber Walmart specials. (until it starts getting cold) ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts