Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
What are they going to try and control next? This is going to end badly. I know many old time farmers whose grandkids or neighbor kids come and help out with some of the banned chores to try and earn a little money. It is not going to be pretty when some federal worker shows up at the farm and tries to fine them for allowing them to learn a work ethic. I could easily see a couple of them I know running the feds off at gunpoint, if they try and intervene.

One of the things they would be banned from is helping in any butchering process or chore that would cause animals pain. So a 14 year old could go hunting, kill a deer, go home and butcher it, but not be allowed to help do the same with a chicken or hog.

Team Obama Wants Children Banned from Doing Farm Chores

A proposal from the Obama administration to prevent children from doing farm chores has drawn plenty of criticism from rural-district members of Congress. But now it's attracting barbs from farm kids themselves.

The Department of Labor is poised to put the finishing touches on a rule that would apply child-labor laws to children working on family farms, prohibiting them from performing a list of jobs on their own families' land.

The regulations would also revoke the government's approval of safety training and certification taught by independent groups like 4-H and FFA, replacing them instead with a 90-hour federal government training course.

·
22,521 Posts
The Department of Labor is poised to put the finishing touches on a rule that would apply child-labor laws to children working on family farms, prohibiting them from performing a list of jobs on their own families' land.
WOW!:tsk:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Yea, that will work. What a bunch of BS.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

RGJZ06

1 - 7 of 7 Posts