Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... now I have a bone to pick with the far left.

When one of Romney's people talked about the general election being like an Etch-a-sketch, where everything is erased and you start over... it was clearly intended to speak toward how campaigns are right back to square one in trying to win voters in the same states they visited for the primaries.

The far left wants to spin this as Romney wanting to flip flop and become more moderate after he gets the nomination. But that would be his kiss-of-death, wouldn't it? The right wouldn't trust him anymore and the left never did anyway.

·
22,521 Posts

·
7,173 Posts
OK... now I have a bone to pick with the far left.

When one of Romney's people talked about the general election being like an Etch-a-sketch, where everything is erased and you start over... it was clearly intended to speak toward how campaigns are right back to square one in trying to win voters in the same states they visited for the primaries.

The far left wants to spin this as Romney wanting to flip flop and become more moderate after he gets the nomination. But that would be his kiss-of-death, wouldn't it? The right wouldn't trust him anymore and the left never did anyway.
Most of the right will vote for the Republican regardless of who it is.
Most of the left will vote for the Democrat regardless of who it is.

Then there are the voters in the middle that will decide the election, both candidates will compete for those. Not unusual for candidates to "moderate" positions taken during the primary after they gain the nomination.

The general election is more of a chess game, trying to get the right combination of states to win the electoral college. Ohio will once again be a battleground state.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The media is STILL talking about this and Newt and Rick are unsurprisingly showing up at rallies with an Etch-a-sketch.

Rather than take this crap seriously... let's have some fun!

If the Etch-a-sketch toy is to be identified with Romney, then what toy should be identified with Obama, Gingrich, Santorum, and other prominate politicians? You can also include Palin, Trump, and Cain even though they're not currently prominate or politicians.

·
7,173 Posts
If the Etch-a-sketch toy is to be identified with Romney, then what toy should be identified with Obama, Gingrich, Santorum, and other prominate politicians? You can also include Palin, Trump, and Cain even though they're not currently prominate or politicians.
OK I'll play

Obama-Magic 8 ball. He got all the answers, they just don't match the questions.
Gingrich-Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots. He dishes it out as good as he gets.
Santorum-Gumby. Don't ask me why, that just what I picture.

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ohio Art Company makes the Etch-A-Sketch and it's stock tripled in value Thursday.

I've always thought that Romney reminded me more of Hasbro's Mr. Potato Head. Different faces for different days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts