close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

EHD in your area !?

Discussion in 'Ohio Bowhunting' started by cupan3, Oct 10, 2017.

1. IMG_7024.jpg IMG_7025.PNG Been hearing a lot of reports from multiple people finding numerous dead bucks this year due to ehd... I hunt Columbiana Jefferson and Trumbull counties. Have you guys noticed a big hit to the heard?

deerslayer77 likes this.
  2. Been lucky to only find 1 dead this summer and I don't think it was EHD. I can't say there weren't casualties but I've scouted most of the water sources where I hunt and haven't found anything. It will be interesting to see how the harvest ends up in the affected areas.

cupan3 likes this.

3. 10/11/17 Update

http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/species-and-habitats/diseases-in-wildlife

http://www.agri.ohio.gov/public_doc...EHD virus confirmed_Joint ODNR ODA _final.pdf

upload_2017-10-12_12-24-50.png

"Epizootic Hemorrhagic Disease (EHD) has been confirmed in multiple Ohio counties this year. Based on reports of dead and/or sick deer received from the public, some of the hardest hit areas include portions of Belmont, Columbiana, Cuyahoga, Harrison, Jefferson, and Lorain counties. Since the occurrence of EHD can be very localized, and in some cases lead to significant die-offs, we encourage hunters to make more informed harvest decisions this season. Deer populations in some of the areas affected most severely by EHD will recover more quickly if hunters reduce their harvest of antlerless deer."

cupan3 likes this.
  4. was in Columbiana county today at Highlandtown. Saw one dead deer in one of the ponds. Couldn't tell if it was a buck or doe.

5. A friend of mine scouted a new piece of land with one of his friends in Jackson county this past weekend. They found four dead deer...two nice bucks and two does. He also told me that he’s had a few nice bucks on his mineral site in Vinton county for months and last month he stopped getting pictures of any of them. I hope it was because the bachelor groups broke up and not because of EHD.