Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Jerky, peanut butter sandwiches, cliff bars, candy bars... And lots of ciggarrettes :) I tend to smoke alot when im bored haha

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Killed my little buck.last year while eatin a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, was plannin on an all day hunt but it ended at 9 am. I think pb and j will become a tradition while on stand now

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
trying to quit, but occasionally some dip, or an apple.

I do not like to eat to much, once in awhile if I sit all day Ill bring a pbandj

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Anybody pee in a container or in the woods. (container so scent dont get out)

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
129 Posts
I don't use a container and from my own experience it doesn't seem to bother them. I've seen deer walk right over top of an area without any reaction.
Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+

·
Registered
316 Posts
The smell of the smoke dont keep the deer away from you?
I hunt within 30 yards of my cousin, he is deaf so we face eachother and I let him know when deer are behind him, anyway he smokes and it does not seem to bother them. We have on several occasions both taken a deer within minutes of each other.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I hunt within 30 yards of my cousin, he is deaf so we face eachother and I let him know when deer are behind him, anyway he smokes and it does not seem to bother them. We have on several occasions both taken a deer within minutes of each other.
wow im am a smoker but never smoked in the woods while hunting.Just thought it would scare them off.thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Ive killed my biggest buck with a smoke in my mouth and many others. It doesnt seem to bother them at all. Opening day of gun season I had 27 deer in range and was smoking the most of time :) I think it masks human scent.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Korndogz - dang :whistle::mischeif:

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I stay in all day from late October- Thanksgiving. I pack a water bottle, pee bottle and have a sandwich and various snacks. The biggest bucks i have seen have been cruising in the middle of the day. Ya cant kill them if your not in the timber and sitting at home eating. :D

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
I rarely take anything unless its an all day sit or below freezing.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I try to bring some water and a pb and j sandwich like everyone else. Sometimes I will bring some of the bite sized snickers as well, they seem to be my wake up food.

As for urinating, I just let it go from the stand. Deer don't seem to mind.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
I don't think peeing from your stand makes one bit of difference from what I've seen in my very unscientific studies.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
32 Posts
As far as a pee bottle absolutely not.. I actually have urinated in fresh only to come back the next to find many more scrapes sounds crazy but try it you will be amazed

·
Registered
717 Posts
A quick story about one of the guys at our camp a couple years ago.

We got out later than we wanted for evening hunt. He walked 50 yds or so in from the road and climbed a tree - dragging some Tink's 69 on the way in. No sooner did he get settled in that he needed to pee. So he let it go from the stand. He was also chewing and spitting right out of the stand. 15-20 minutes after he got in the tree, a nice 10 pt followed the drag right under the tree. The pee and chew didn't bother the deer a bit - but the arrow did. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts