Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to possibly get out this weekend for dove hunting at Eastfork. Has anyone been recently? How is the dove activity this late into the season? Thinking if it's slow then we might just go squirrel hunting.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I think he's trying to run interference! Hahahahaha

Reactions: Badcreep

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL - so should I attempt to go dove hunting or no? I don't want to waste my time if I don't have any chance of getting any.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I haven’t been seeing any at all. The fields have been dry for weeks. I moved to squirrel hunting myself 2 weeks ago. Seems like the doves were here for 2 weeks then dipped out

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Based off the map above, does anyone know the best locations for walnuts and acorn trees? Where do you usually have good luck hunting here?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Badcreep is on point, dove fields at EF are dead now. Squirrel has been good. There's plenty of honey holes all over the park and it's been a good mast year. Any area you can get to will have stands of oak, just find acorns, and wait. Early morning or last hour or two of daylight have been the hottest times. I would say go to the area closest to your home and get boots on the ground. There's a better map. I'll try and PM it to you or post it here.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts