81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
and a BIG Kansas 8 Point.....

Jordan Smith’s 180-Inch 8-Pointer
Hunter with huge 8-point buck

Jordan Smith’s main-frame 8-pointer grossed 183 and change. Jordan Smith

Just seeing a B&C-class 8-point is a rarity; having multiple encounters with one and then killing him is something else altogether. Jordan Smith saw this incredible Kansas buck from a stand located near an old oil rig three times in the course of a week. Multiple mishaps (including an oil rig worker checking the rig as the buck worked into bow range) seemed to be preventing him from sealing the deal, until Smith snuck into his stand for a brief sit on the last day of his hunt and finally tagged the monster. The green-gross 183-4/8-inch main-frame 8 sported 6⅞-inch bases, 25-inch main beams, and 12-inch G2s. Amazingly, the mass at the end of the main beams was even thicker than the bases, at 7 inches.

Reactions: bankfish

·
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
and another Big Kansas 8 Point-

Keith Marquardt’s Great 8
hunter with huge 8-point buck

Keith Marquardt’s Kansas tall-tined monster should pull off the rare feat of netting B&C as an 8-point. Keith Marquardt

There are only 40 typical whitetail bucks that have netted the 170-inch minimum required to qualify for the B&C record book, but that elite group will likely have another member if Keith Marquardt enters his 2021 Kansas buck. “I first saw him in July, when I was out driving and scouting and looking for deer,” Marquardt recalled. “I saw him 12 more times that summer and was able to get some good pics and video of him. The last time I saw him, he was in a spot where I felt I could get permission, and I was able to do that. I hung a camera and didn’t get a single pic of him until November 5th, which is also the day I harvested him.” Marquardt’s towering 8-point green-netted 179-4/8. “He had a big drop tine on the right side this summer, and after I killed him, another hunter who’d been after him showed me some pics he had; the buck had the drop until October 6th but broke it off some time after that.”

·
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
and they have Mule Deer too......

Tessa Taylor’s Monster Muley
woman poses with huge mule deer buck

Kansas hunter Tessa Taylor belly-crawled her way to this 200-inch muley. Tessa Taylor

“The third stalk is the charm,” said Tessa Taylor of her pursuit of this Sunflower State monster muley. Taylor had had two other encounters with the giant buck—including a miss on a 75-yard shot–before she was able to slip within crossbow range of the buck. “After several hundred yards of belly crawling, I was finally able to get close to him and some does,” she recalled. “Hours passed, just sitting and waiting. Finally, he stood up, and I was able to range him. He gave me a 70-yard shot with my Ravin crossbow, and this time I made it. I could not be more excited, thankful, and proud of this 2021 deer season.” Taylor’s wide, massive muley grossed 200 inches.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Headed back to Kansas Sept 10th for the early muzzleloader season. Missed a really great buck last year that I never should of, but....it happens. Hopefully he's still hangin around the same milo field. Ready to kick the season off!!

·
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Well done Bank!! Congrats to you and your brother. Your brother needs to smile when he shoots a nice buck-LOL!!!

Any more scenery pics etc?

·
22,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Great pics…. That’s Kansas!!!!

Here were a few from our hunts….Dave passed away about 5 years ago. Good man and always invited me there to hunt.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Grass

Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape Tree

Sky Plant Natural environment Natural landscape Overhead power line

Sky Cloud Plant Natural landscape Agriculture

Sky Plant Plant community Cloud Tree

81 - 92 of 92 Posts