Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Big boy made his last mistake this morning. Got up from his bed to find a shadier spot. Had to cross an opening. 194yds with a 25mph wind. Double lunged him with the CVA at 10:40. 16 pts, good mass, kickers and tall.
How are the others doing BF? Are they seeing any shooters?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How are the others doing BF? Are they seeing any shooters?
It's just me and my brother. We stay at a buddies house, who also hunts, just later in the season. My brother was with me when I shot mine.
While he hunted tonight, my buddy and me scouted, driving the road, glassing spots. Seen two big bucks on adjacent property we can hunt. But are coming to the milo on our property. Figuring a plan as I type ;). Hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow this time :D

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Congrats to your brother!!!

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: bankfish

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Another great Kansas Buck....

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
No Guessing he was a shooter LOL- great Buck!!!!! Love the extras!

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Update on Banks Buck that he posted above-

Deer Season 2020: Kansas Girl Shoots 282" Buck in Kiowa County!
September 16th, 2020
From USA Today: The youth deer hunting season in Kansas got off to a doozy of a start…

Fourteen-year-old Paslie Werth…shot a once-in-a-lifetime deer on Sept. 6 - a 40-point, free-range whitetail buck tallying a gross green score of 282 6/8 inches - while rifle hunting on family property with her father, Kurt, in Kiowa County.

When the rack is officially scored after the required 60-day drying period Paslie's buck, which father Kurt believes could net in the high 260s, will be one of the top non-typical whitetails ever shot with a firearm in Kansas.

The Sunflower State's #1 gun buck is the 280 4/8" monster killed by Joseph Waters in Shawnee County in 1987.

My friends at North American Whitetail just posted the great story of the hunt and you ought to read it.

In that post, North American Whitetail Editor in Chief Gordon Whittington points out, "Currently the top non-typical ever taken by a female hunter is the 257 1/8-inch buck shot by Jamie Remmers."

If father Kurt's instincts are correct, Paslie's buck will be the biggest NT whitetail buck ever shot by a female hunter.

https://bigdeerblog.com/2020/09/deer-season-2020-kansas-girl-shoots-282-buck-in-kiowa-county/

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
190"+ Kansas Non-Typical
Sumner County, Kansas

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Hunters went 3 for 3 on some studs in Kansas-

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
And another Kansas toad of a deer- no score yet but the wall of tines most likely score near 200"

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
It came out well. Looks good Bankfish.

Kansas early muzzy season is worth a look as we know. I remember my buddy telling me if I would have entered mine in their annual state expo it would have been the biggest deer taken that year during the muzzleloader season.

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Good News Bank- what season are you hunting?

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Good Luck and keep us posted- Watch out for the ticks and prepare accordingly.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts