Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way home from lunch today, an eagle took flight, with something in it’s talons, from just inside the bean field where I saw the doe & fawn last week. By the time I got stopped & out of the truck, it had flown most of the way across the field to the woods. I got several pics but they weren’t as sharp as I would have liked. Based on the last pic, I’m almost positive that what it had was a snake. This is the 1st eagle I’ve seen since May & the last sighting of the eaglet at the nest.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Great pictures ! I have yet to see one at my camp. Hoping they will come soon.

Reactions: HunterGKS

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great pictures ! I have yet to see one at my camp. Hoping they will come soon.
Thx. I wish I would have seen it sooner & gotten some closer pics. I was lucky to get any at all.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
No matter the rareness or if the sighting is commonly seen, an eagle gathers our attention and awe.
We named a Yoop covert, The Eagle...for no less would have been right.

Nice catch..."black" snake, probably.

Once found a snake and GH owl, both dead, under my power line...I suspect the snake got his revenge as he hung down, lifeless but dangerous.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No matter the rareness or if the sighting is commonly seen, an eagle gathers our attention and awe.
We named a Yoop covert, The Eagle...for no less would have been right.

Nice catch..."black" snake, probably.

Once found a snake and GH owl, both dead, under my power line...I suspect the snake got his revenge as he hung down, lifeless but dangerous.

Next to the wild turkey, eagles are my favorite bird.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts