Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have gotten a lot of questions in the store, PM's and even a few e-mails on this. A few people asked also when my article would be coming out on this topic. I just wanted to let everyone know its live right now on my blog. The link below here will take you right to it. I hope this info will help some guys out, or just give you another way to fish these tasty fish.:D

Drop-Shotting Panfish

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice fish!
ive only had success on crappie with this rig. but im making a trip fishing tommorrow, so ill be sure to use this with my favorite berkley gulp alive bait!
so, once you cast this rig, how much do you shake it?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try different intensities. But never let the weight lose contact with the bottom. Having the right rod for this is huge guys the rod lets you shake it like crazy and the extra fast action lets you keep the weight down on the bottom.

·
Registered
5 Posts
well, used this method Tuesday and had some success. I caught maybe 3 tiny sunfish on it. the rest were 6-7 inchers. I kept missing bites with a #12 hook, so I switched to a #6 amberdeen.
one thing about the rod. I was using a cheap (as in $20 combo cheap) rod, and had no trouble with keeping the weight on the bottom. also my rod is 5' 6" in lengthand a light action.

·
Registered
10 Posts
nice blog

lots of good stuff, very nice job.... hey drop shotting, im an old guy, 50, been gill and crappie fishing like that for many years.......in the 80s an old guy fishing at la sue ann told me to rig this way , he felt sorry for me working so hard not getting anything..... so i guess ive been doing it a while and didnt know hahahah. thanks for all the great info....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts