161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
:yikes::yikes::yikes:

·
Registered
6,358 Posts
Hillbilly should be all over this . Just one more reason not to trust the Gov . But to be fair they give us so many why just pick on one .

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Hillbilly should be all over this . Just one more reason not to trust the Gov . But to be fair they give us so many why just pick on one .
LOL

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
and PA just Amended and adopted new legislation.....

Release #46-16
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 19, 2016
For Information Contact:
Travis Lau
717-705-6541
[email protected]

AMENDED DRONE BAN ADOPTED

Measure will prohibit launching or landing unmanned aircraft on Game Commission-controlled property.

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today took action to better protect wildlife from unnecessary disturbances on game lands and other property controlled by the Game Commission.

The board voted unanimously to prohibit on Game Commission-controlled property the operation, control, launching or retrieval of drones.

The recreational flying of drones rapidly has gained in popularity, and as it has, the number of cases where drones have caused concern for wildlife has increased as well.

During the snow-goose migration season at Middle Creek Wildlife Management Area this year, for instance, Game Commission staff detected at least five instances where drones disturbed wildlife. In one case, a drone was flown into an off-limits propagation area that serves as a sanctuary for resting waterfowl, and another disturbance caused hundreds of waterfowl to suddenly flush. There also were reports of drones being flown close to bald-eagle nests, which causes an obvious risk to eagles and their eggs.

Clearly, this type of activity runs counter to the intended use of properties like Middle Creek and other tracts of state game lands owned by the Pennsylvania Game Commission.

The Board of Game Commissioners in April gave preliminary approval to a proposal to ban the flying of unmanned aerial vehicles over lands or waters designated as state game lands. The measure was amended after a legal review by the state Attorney General's office, which said only the federal government has the authority to regulate airspace.

The amended proposal, which was given final approval today, prohibits the operation, control, launching or retrieval of drones on game lands, unless a specific exception is approved in writing by the Game Commission's executive director.

The ban is expected to take effect in the coming weeks, after a legal review of the regulation.

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
In Wyoming...........

New Rules on Scouting for Game Animals with Aircraft
09/07/2016

With the evenings getting cooler in Wyoming, many hunters are turning their attention to scouting for the fall hunting seasons. The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is reminding hunters that it is illegal to use aircraft to do their scouting or aid in taking game animals from August 1-January 31.
Previously, hunters were only required to wait for a 24-hour period before hunting game animals that had been located with an aircraft. The current regulation, revised earlier this year as a result of considerable public input, now reads: No person shall use any aircraft with the intent to spot, locate and aid in the taking of any game animal from August 1 through January 31 of the following calendar year. Nothing in this Section shall apply to the operation of an aircraft in a usual manner where there is no attempt or intent to locate any game animal, such as aircraft used for the sole purpose of passenger transport. It should also be noted that the term "aircraft" means any machine or device capable of atmospheric flight. This includes but is not limited to an airplane, helicopter, glider, dirigible or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV or drone). If you have any questions on this or any other hunting laws or regulations, please contact your local game warden, Game and Fish office or visit the Game and Fish website.

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Here's a good one......:D

Woman Takes Aim at Drone from Her Patio With a Gun [Video]

By Mike Hendren March 6, 2017 8:21 AM

A unidentified woman in Bellevue, Washington was apparently aggravated or frightened by a drone flying over her garden. So she did what some say might come naturally; she tried to drive it away.

She appears to throw rocks at it and misses. When that fails to persuade the unidentified pilot to move on, she gets what appears to be a handgun and points it at the spy in the sky. It's a safe bet that law enforcement will get involved if they have not already done so.

Texas passed a law regulating drone use in the state during the 84th legislative session and the FAA also regulates drone flight above 400 feet.

Read More: Woman Takes Aim at Drone from Her Patio With a Gun | http://newstalk1290.com/woman-takes-aim-at-drone-from-her-patio-with-a-gun-video/?trackback=tsmclip

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #172 ·

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
That was great-what a dumb a##:D

Reactions: bluedog

·
22,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
On top of other varying issues-

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
IWDs...Idiots with Drones are everywhere.
Be nice if some tough, honed-down old smokejumper found a new use for a pulaski.

New Mexico:
"Drones: A Temporary Flight Restriction (TFR) is in place around the Cajete Fire to allow air operations to proceed safely. Drones pose a serious risk to firefighting and can cause aircraft to be grounded. The public is reminded that “If you fly, we can’t!”

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Be nice if some tough, honed-down old smokejumper found a new use for a Pulaski.
I'm tough (can sit for hours without a break), honed-down (well, maybe I do still have a few burrs), old (you can't take that away from me) and was a smokejumper, or at least I jumped around a lot after dropping a smoking wad of embers from my last pipe bowl onto my good chair. OK, I don't smoke anymore.

I suggest the handy Pulaski be used to bust up all unregulated drone controllers.

UAVs should be certified, licensed and operated just like all civil aircraft, which they are in fact. Is that calling for more government control? Yes. But, I'm sure in Swamp, D.C., that is home to our federal bureaucracy, and without looking too hard, some positions and monies could be eliminated to balance the increased manpower and budget of controlling UAVs.

I hereby offer my smokeless services.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
In addition to the electronics, I'm not sure if the operator could be considered a drone controller but....I hope so.
Pulaski Away!

Ime and even in a drizzling rain, the open part of a well-tamped briar bowl should always be facing upward.
Condolences to the barcalounger.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts