Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for something to protect the back seat and cargo area of my Lincoln Navigator in order to haul my dogs around. Would anyone have any suggestions? One of the dogs weighs as much as 120lbs. so I can't use anything flimsy.

·
Registered
355 Posts
why not a crate?

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try http://www.drsfostersmith.com/

I've seen seat protectors there. I also think Cabellas has some as well.
Thanks... I had already tried PetSmart and Pets-R-Us and either they didn't have one or I couldn't find it. Your link gave me a dozen choices... thanks.

Anyone ever use one of these and can offer tips on what to look for or is it pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
776 Posts
No, I've never used one. I put my beagles in crates in my van or a dog box in the pick- up.

Also, if the dog starts to associate a crate with going hunting you will soon have no problem getting him to load up.

Not in the least bit trying to be a smart ass, but never forget you are the alpha. Not the dog. He/ she should do what you want.

·
Registered
347 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I've never used one. I put my beagles in crates in my van or a dog box in the pick- up.

Also, if the dog starts to associate a crate with going hunting you will soon have no problem getting him to load up.

Not in the least bit trying to be a smart ass, but never forget you are the alpha. Not the dog. He/ she should do what you want.
These are pets and not working dogs.

Being pack leader doesn't help the anxiety the female experiences when caged. She has popped welds on metal cages before trying to get out. Just hates being caged.

The big guy is so big that I might as well block off the whole cargo area as opposed to finding a big enough crate.

I just thought that covering the seats and cargo area would be less hassle and cheaper. Plus, I love it when people pull up next to me and see just how BIG the big dog is as he looks out a side window.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Don't blame ya there brother!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts