Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Dog kennel

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  The_Duck_Hunter 
#1 ·
Looking for some ideas on what to use for a floor in dog kennels. At the moment my kennels are just on the ground. I am planning on starting construction on new dog kennels Thrusday. I would like to stay away from concrete. Just wondering what my next best option would be. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Get em boy's

#6 ·
The reason I would like to stay away
From concrete is I keep our dogs at a leased farm with our horses across the street from our rented house. So I don't want to put that much money and effort into it being me and my wife intend on buying a house in the very near future. I have hopes of being able to put my new kennel on a trailer and taking with us if we move.

Get em boy's

#7 ·
The reason I would like to stay away
From concrete is I keep our dogs at a leased farm with our horses across the street from our rented house. So I don't want to put that much money and effort into it being me and my wife intend on buying a house in the very near future. I have hopes of being able to put my new kennel on a trailer and taking with us if we move.

Get em boy's
In that case, build dog boxes and steak a dog rope out. Thats the cheapest way to.go

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

#8 ·
I just finished building an above ground kennel. Its 6' x 6' with 2 seperate runs. Each beagle has a 2' x 3' box with a 3' x 4' run. I used treated 1" x 2" wood slats spaced 1 1/2" apart for the floor. The fencing on the sides is 2" x 4" horse panel from TSC. The whole thing cost me a little over $200.00 to build.

Would show you a pic, but don't know how to down load it from my phone. Someone stole my regular digital camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.