close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Doe with a fawn

Discussion in 'Ohio Bowhunting' started by roberts021, Sep 11, 2012.

1. I was wondering if anyone else has ever had a fawn refuse to leave its mother after you have put her down.i had to chase off fhe fawn many times. It happened to me a couple yrs ago and havent shot a doe early in the season since. This yr i plan on taking the first decent doe i see and then buck hunt the rest of the yr.

2. naturally the come back cause they are not sure why the adult doe is not moving, but eventually instinct kicks in and they know they have to survive.

Ive seen them watch me for a minute or two, but never had to "chase them" away.

3. Yep I had this with a doe I shot opening weekend a few years back. It is kind of akward but eventually it did leave.

4. I shot what I believe to have been the matriarch doe a couple years ago, there were two adult doe and two yearlings with her. All four of them hung out for about 5 minutes after she went down. They kept walking over and looking at her.

5. I had that happen dropped a doe and two young bucks came in and were looking at her, left and came back a few times