Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many hunters will go straight to their tree stands when the rut begins but is this really the best place to go? Hunter's with decoys or hunting food sources often will go to the fields to catch a deer chasing and challenge him to a fight. Which is your personal favorite and why?

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
For me it’s always been fresh sign be it rubs scrapes or observations of activity every year seems different so I can’t say I per dominantly hunt one area more then the other I do follow my gut use what I have learned through the years and hope things go my way as with rut all bets are off

·
Registered
444 Posts
I hunt travel corridors between bedding areas and food sources. Thicker the better. When I hunt the "Big" woods of public land, I'll try to find saddles on ridges between bedding area's. If there happens to be a food source near by (Oak tree's this time of year) even better. If the temperature warms up, a water source near a travel corridor can be a magnet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.