close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do NOT use the wife's shampoo!

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by bnye, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Soooo...

At 3:30am my 4 yr old son started screaming for me. I ran to his bedroom thinking he had had a nightmare or something. Finding him relaxed, I asked: "What do you need bud?" He says, matter of factly: "It's dark out." I say: "Yes.?...do you need something?" He says: "A glass of water would be good." I get him a glass of water, give him a kiss, go back to bed and stare at the ceiling for 30 minutes. Realizing I'm not going to be able to fall back asleep I decide I should do something productive and get dressed to take an early morning jog. I put the leash on the dog and wonder why I have to literally drag him out the door. (Please note I am now a believer that dogs do truly sense 'danger'.) We jog 50 yards, we both see a flash of sorts, I feel something wet hit me, the dog jumps straight in the air, I think "that's weird, what was that?", inhale...and all questions are immediately answered. Apparently Pepe La Pew was a weeee bit startled.
    1 gallon of white vinegar - pointless. 2 quarts of cider vinegar - no good. 1 bottle of the wife's 'expensive' shampoo - highly advise against that. Tried baking soda. Who knew baking powder looks exactly the same until you rub it into a wet dog. He looked like a 4 legged biscuit when I was done. So, to make a long story long-
    The internet, and a good friend recommended-

1 gallon of water.
    1 quart of hydrogen peroxide.
    1 cup of baking SODA.
    1 tsp of Dawn dish-washing soap.

As a result, the dog is allowed back in the house and I am allowed back in bed...Well, maybe after I buy her a new bottle of shampoo.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Thanks for recipe.....and the advice! Haha!

Black Dog Bowfishing Pro Staff

3. Nimrod

Nimrod Staff Member Super Mod Mod

I've always heard to use tomato juice. I hope I never need to find out!:yikes:

4. 4 legged biscuit! Too funny!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Awww man, that had to SUCK!!! Hope I NEVER experience that...lol