Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since I've divorced and my mom is gone today was a normal day for me so I headed to the property to start clearing some honeysuckle. I've been wanting to work on it for awhile but my marathon training kept me out of the woods. The wait caused the honeysuckle to leaf out which makes it difficult to pull down. Many of these were 6-8" in diameter, crazy BIG. Once cut, the stumps were treated with Tordon to prevent re-growth. I will be using the brush from these bushes to make a blind. The sheet metal roofing was a blind the previous owner put up. I'll be using it elsewhere for a blind, giving it away, or selling it for scrap. I also found two active scrapes. I'm not sure what's up with that but they were not there two weeks ago.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,106 Posts
I'm just getting started with my own property this spring/summer. I have some honeysuckle, privet, multiflora rose, etc. that I'm starting to work on. Also, trying to knock down a bunch of fescue in my field to perp for a destination food plot and establish a more native meadow.

Reactions: R. Toker
1 - 3 of 3 Posts