Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my brother and his buddy were hunting turkeys this morning. They saw no turkeys but his buddy saw some deer and one of them had an orange collar on it. Just wodering if anybody had an idea why? Is it a farm deer that escaped? It is in Licking Co.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a picture of a deer with a collar. It was taken in December. My friends and I discussed it and never, really, decided why it was there. Our conclusions were, it escaped from a deer farm, the collar was put on by the ODNR or it was someone`s pet. Who knows?

I, only, got one picture of it. As far as I know, that was the only time it was on my land. I did see it on my neighbors property during muzzleloader season.

It, too, was in Licking county.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I knew of a BB in Scioto county that a guy had rescued and then put a collar on so no one would shoot it. Thing acted like a dog. Took the collar off later and he wandered away. Thing came back the next summer with a leg that was messed up. Hung out for a while and was gone again. Someone could have done the same and the deer took off before the collar was removed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts