Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Sorry george will not be there this year ,waste of money and time any more toooooo crowded,Hay but you have fun and don't spend to much money

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Shoot that will be hard to find i think they all have cowboy hats on give us some more details.:D

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Well its finally here,fill us in on anything good at the show different from last years and the past.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
George.....I'll be there Sun. with my sons and possibly nephews also. Mainly be looking at the trad. booths, deer display, and am interested in seeing Byron Ferguson do his thing! I'll be a lookin for that cowboy hat....TF

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I plan on going Sun. after work. But hoping to get off early. Take the wife and kids.;)

·
Super Moderator
7,882 Posts
Hey guys. For those of you that have seen the few posts that I have contributed to you have seen that I don't usually bash. However, I didn't realize that stinkin Deer & Turkey Expo had a $9.00 door fee. They should rename it the "Promoter's Benefit" Come on that event draws at an extreme minimum a volume of 10,000 people over 3 days. That alone is $90,000.00 just in entrance revenue. With that kind of traffic I am sure exhibitors pay at least $600 for their booth. With 200 booths or more that's another $120,000.00. That a grand total of $210,000.00 which is a very low estimate. The building fee and speakers can't cost that much. I bet the promoter still pockets LOADS of cash even after paying for advertising. What a joke. I am not ever going to that event again unless I have a P&Y or B&C buck to hang on the wall and enter into the contest! I thought I would beat the crowd by going on Friday evening, but it was still crowded because it coincides with the Beef Expo???? I guess cattle pushers don't have anything better to do but wander around in there? lol Anyway, I did see Greg Miller's seminar and it was good. That's my report. For those that go, enjoy. For those that don't, I am sure you already know that you're not missin much and you keep $13.00(parkin=$4) in your wallet!

CG

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup that is a bit stieep but the bargains and free stuff i get more than offset that cost and its just plain worth 13$ to see my old freinds and to chat with people like byron,wilma,micky,jim(bull elk) and sometimes i meet those from these forums that i only chatted with on here...thats why i go

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i will do a flip flop on the bargains there...i bought a pack seat for 24$.seen it at gander today for 19.95!!!ahhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts