Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Deer tags

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Hiller 
#1 ·
I don't see in the reg's this year that you can only kill one antlered deer! Am I just blind or overlooking it?

My bad if I'm beating a dead horse here. Seems more like a mistake in the online PDF or something.

Runtime Error

#5 ·
"In addition to your hunting license you'll need one or more of the following deer permits.
Either-Sex Deer Permit: This permit is valid for an antlered or antlerless deer and is valid Sept. 27, 2014 through Feb. 1, 2015.. No more than one (1) antlered deer may be taken per license year. This permit may be used during any of the deer hunting seasons and controlled hunts. It may be purchased individually throughout the entire deer season.

Runtime Error

i found this on the website

#7 ·
Sadly, my old man did the same thing last year to me. He asked me if he could come to my county and kill a buck and go back to his county and kill one. I about came unglued! Season was already open and he thought he could get multiple bucks… Now this year I did it, lol. I guess I know my number one condo for the open house this year.

#8 ·
That's ok, about 8 or 9 years ago I hunted on my girlfriends parents property and got her into hunting as well. Her dad hunted every year but she wasn't interested till I asked her to go. They didn't buy a license or tag because of landowner status but at the time you still had to buy a license. She got her first deer, a 4 point with my crossbow and her dad stuck a decent 10 point that year and the season closed. A few months later they both got a ticket in the mail for hunting without a license! Whoops! Now I don't believe you have to even buy a license as a landowner.

#9 ·
That's ok, about 8 or 9 years ago I hunted on my girlfriends parents property and got her into hunting as well. Her dad hunted every year but she wasn't interested till I asked her to go. They didn't buy a license or tag because of landowner status but at the time you still had to buy a license. She got her first deer, a 4 point with my crossbow and her dad stuck a decent 10 point that year and the season closed. A few months later they both got a ticket in the mail for hunting without a license! Whoops! Now I don't believe you have to even buy a license as a landowner.
Something else must have been going on there. The only thing landowners have been required to have is migratory stuff.

#10 ·
Hmmm, I'm not sure then. Has the tenant law always been 50% annual income proven from agriculture on the land always been there? They were renting the property and were not farming it. I know he tagged deer every year as a landowner but only got a ticket the year he didn't purchase a license.

#11 ·
Hmmm, I'm not sure then. Has the tenant law always been 50% annual income proven from agriculture on the land always been there? They were renting the property and were not farming it. I know he tagged deer every year as a landowner but only got a ticket the year he didn't purchase a license.
Well if they were tenants and not deriving income from the land then yes, they are not exempt.

They are not landowners either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.