Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its barely officially summer but as of today June 21 only 95 days and a wake up until bow season starts in Ohio! I'll be 60 in a few months so I look forward to each new season knowing that I only have a limited amount of seasons left. I know, I know everyone has a limited amount of seasons left but as I get older I realize mine are getting fewer. I almost strictly hunt public property and out of a climber 90% of the time and I know the day is coming when I'll have to hunt from the ground. Until I'm going to make the best of it and hunt as much as I can. Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Good luck to you too. I’m a bit younger, though not much, and my fitness to use the climber is something that keeps me moving in the off season.

Reactions: jrose

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great post to put things in perspective. Best of luck this up coming season.

·
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
74 days and a wake up! As Mike said theres still to much good fishing to get to excited about deer yet. October is always a dilemma for me, fish or deer hunt. It was nice last year I shot my buck and a doe early October so that left a lot of time to fish. Hoping it happens again this year.

Reactions: mweidner93

·
Registered
638 Posts
Usually every summer I transition from fishing oriented activities to hunting (scouting, trail cameras, etc), usually it happens around the start of August and this year it's starting already. Got my private land tandem stand setup ready for hunting with my 9 year old, and going to check out some public areas I've had an eye on in the next few weeks, it's definitely getting closer! Going to try and get the kid his first deer this year, so this season may be a challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts