Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Deer season is over how many are still holding tags

3K views 34 replies 24 participants last post by  steveOh 
#1 ·
Now that the season is over how many of us are still holding tags
myself i had one left. Donated 20.00 bucks to ODNR this year

#7 ·
Hey Q2XL, I thought you shaved some hair opening day? That would be closer than an oak tree!!

#13 ·
Good idea, maybe i should have done that with all those buck's i saw and taped after I shot mine.

#14 ·
Next time I see him i'm going to cut that choker off his neck. That thing has to hurt! LOLOLOL:D :D

#17 ·
got two unfilled here. crappy year. blew it on a big six point early in the year. everything that could have went wrong did this year. for instance, first day of gun season, i had been bowhunting this spot on the farm all year. I called it but there seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding because when i got close to the spot my brothers four wheeler is sitting there. I was a little fristerated to say the least so i decided to drop over the other side of the ridge. well i come out about 1230 since i hadnt seen anything i figured i would head back for a quick sandwich then go to a different spot. well i get back and i hear about how my grandpa watched a sixteen point buck walk with in 20 yards of my brother as he was sleeping in my spot. so not only did he take my spot but he wasted it because this huge deer came through and he was sleeping. That is about how my whole season went. everytime i get close to the big one i get screwed. oh well next year will be a clean slate.

#23 ·
Still have my tag left. I live in Michigan and was able to hunt on public land in northwest Ohio during three mornings and one afternoon of the firearms season. Saw one antlerless deer.

My oldest son will turn ten this summer and I anticipate him and I hunting together this fall in Ohio. Unfortunately, the laws in Michigan require him to wait until he's twelve to hunt small game or archery deer, fourteen to hunt with a firearm for deer. Lord willing, I'm looking forward to hunting much more in Ohio during the upcoming years with each of my children.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.