Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Ben gone from the site for quite some time. Just wanted to let you all know about our new "adventure" i guess you can call it. my partner and I are producing our own brand of minerals for attracting deer,as well as herd health, starting wild free range hog hunts, as well as video production. we are located in southern Ohio and look forward to hearing from all of you.

Though still in its infancy we have gotten over 1600 pictures in the last 3 weeks on 3 mineral sites!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trace minerals make up around 30% of the mixture in each of the two we are making right now,to give you exact numbers I would have to look at the formula i have at home. we also add calcium,phospherus and dried mollases to part of the mixture. There is a total of around 8 different minerals in each mixture,as well as beet pulp added to one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
trace minerals make up around 30% of the mixture in each of the two we are making right now,to give you exact numbers I would have to look at the formula i have at home. we also add calcium,phospherus and dried mollases to part of the mixture. There is a total of around 8 different minerals in each mixture,as well as beet pulp added to one.
One thing we are trying to stay away from is a mainly salt based product, although they do love it. I just dont feel it provides great health advantages

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
One thing we are trying to stay away from is a mainly salt based product, although they do love it. I just dont feel it provides great health advantages

I do like the sound of that :thumbs_up: I just buy regular salt for about a buck and dump in on my minerals to get them to start on them after that I use high calcium/phospous blends!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do like the sound of that :thumbs_up: I just buy regular salt for about a buck and dump in on my minerals to get them to start on them after that I use high calcium/phospous blends!
Thanks, im concentrating alot on calcium and phospherus right now, get the body wieght and milk production up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, im concentrating alot on calcium and phospherus right now, get the body wieght and milk production up.

We have pulled our cams till after turkey season but have 7-8 bucks we want to track the progress on after turkey is done. With this mineral mix the pics will come and will be posted on our facebook page

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A hunter in Illinois wanted to try our mix beside the Record Rack mix that he uses and compare, after a week he wrote me and said they were walking through ours to get to the RR. Last night he emailed me with pics saying they havent touched the RR since they discovered ours last week.

Attachments

·
Registered
324 Posts
If you look at the laws in Ill. you cant use mineral for deer..:whistle:
As far as i know u can use them but cant hunt over the site. Must hunt a certain number of feet away. I think they have to be removed a couple months before season too. But not totally illegal

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I work with a few outfitters and we are always looking for the next best thing out there. How much can you send us for testing around central and eastern ohio?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Upon checking you are right about mineral use in IL. I messaged the customer and he stated he lives in IL but thats not where he hunts, i dont know but cant stress enough check your local and state game laws before using anything!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wanted to let you all know the facebook site got hacked, the new adress is facebook.com/teammainbeam

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now with a purchase of 50 pounds we are giving a free bonus of 10 pounds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts