Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the summer scouting will start this coming weekend...for any coming to any of the deer camps...scouting will end the weekend before the archery opener...we will have the 1st weekend deer camp then too...:bouncy...scouting days will be on a sat.or sun...let me know which day is best...this is just for those coming to any of the camps.there is only 6 or 7 weekends left for scouting.:D

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Dang George - yur gon'a have that joint tramped inta bug dust - dang :whistle::mischeif:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i will be scouting this weekend...i was in there this past weekend...just a drive thru...looks much thicker than last year from the roads...it was raining when i left...i heard they really got some good rain in the area...hopefully the ground is soft when i get in there...be able to get a good idea from new tracks ...but i come to expect it will be a good year again...just nice to be able to see it...:bouncy:thats what i'll be looking for...if i have some others with me that wants to scout ...we'll throw that in too,will be easy to do...i can check for the sign anywhere.it will be a good indicater of the whole area...hope to see somebuddy and get them set up for some deer hunting in the big woods...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Wht time are comeing thru Coonie or just call me Tomarow around 11:30. It's spose to rain Friday we got some real good rain yesterday but me an the boy wanna look around if Ur not sure on time do u think it will be Saturday or Sunday

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
i usually get there at 6 am and meet those wanting to scout at macdonalds...if i'm on my own time varies when i get there...:Dthe day a lot of times is determined by when the guys coming...i can go either day and have went on both if thats what it takes...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
We could meet for some coffee and a sausage mcmuffin he'd like that ill let ya know by Thursday if we can this weekend but if not Maby the following we would only have 2/4 hours to go though. And do u need the deer back this week??? I shot it some today one of my aruhs went half way thru the other side in a highly shot spot so I aimed at. Different spot it still stoped it though it is Wht I needed so now to work on 30&40 yards

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We could meet for some coffee and a sausage mcmuffin he'd like that ill let ya know by Thursday if we can this weekend but if not Maby the following we would only have 2/4 hours to go though. And do u need the deer back this week??? I shot it some today one of my aruhs went half way thru the other side in a highly shot spot so I aimed at. Different spot it still stoped it though it is Wht I needed so now to work on 30&40 yards

whenever,i'll be there...keep the target long as you like...:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will be scouting this weekend...i was in there this past weekend...just a drive thru...looks much thicker than last year from the roads...it was raining when i left...i heard they really got some good rain in the area...hopefully the ground is soft when i get in there...be able to get a good idea from new tracks ...but i come to expect it will be a good year again...just nice to be able to see it...:bouncy:thats what i'll be looking for...if i have some others with me that wants to scout ...we'll throw that in too,will be easy to do...i can check for the sign anywhere.it will be a good indicater of the whole area...hope to see somebuddy and get them set up for some deer hunting in the big woods...:D
ttt...:bouncy:

·
Registered
80 Posts
okay, i dont know if im not in the loop or something but what exactly is this deer camp? where is it? is anyone invited or is it invite only? i am just curious because i have seen it mentioned by coonskinner a couple times, does he run it?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
A couple of times. Man, you are out of the loop.
I believe he has a social page for it. I don't know where or how to get to the page (I'm always just on my phone).
It's open to whomever wants to show up. I believe it's every weekend during deer season with a full week or so sometime.
It's in the Wayne National Forest and I reckon he runs it.
I'm sure he'll fill you in more in the morn.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
okay, i dont know if im not in the loop or something but what exactly is this deer camp? where is it? is anyone invited or is it invite only? i am just curious because i have seen it mentioned by coonskinner a couple times, does he run it?
Just click on his name and that should get you going. He'll most likely fill you in. He's pretty good about getting back to guys with questions about Deer Camp. It's his passion I believe.:)

RGJZ06

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not sure if anyone really runs it...but i did start it...several yrs.ago...:biggrin:and its always been foe anybuddy that wants to come...its near nelsonville on the wnf.its very primitive style camping...no campground/no bathrooms...we tent camp right in the woods just off a twnshp gravel road...bout all i ask is guys be half way decent acting and obey all the laws...and have respect for all the other hunters in the camp...:biggrin

theres plenty of deer for everybuddy here and theyre all over the forest.even the bigboys...as one here already mentioned just click on coonskinner and you will find it.:Dwe try to make sure all has a great time in the camp and be in deer the 1st day out...most can do this purty well on their own...but theres plenty of advice to get you into the woods and back to camp safely ...dont worry bout the deer...theyre in there...:biggrin:hope you can make the camp...:biggrin:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
maybe some other time,i'll be down there every weekend until archery season opens...i did bring up an old thread(deer camp(wn)pics that gives a very good discription of the camp/the woods and the deer...:D:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
maybe some other time,i'll be down there every weekend until archery season opens...i did bring up an old thread(deer camp(wn)pics that gives a very good discription of the camp/the woods and the deer...:D:D
I will get down sometime to do some scouting before it comes time for deer camp

1 - 20 of 65 Posts