close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Death From Above Team 8

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by bilman63, Sep 16, 2017.

1. bilman63 here. I will be hunting at home in Greene county and also will make a few trips to Athens and Vinton counties.
    I bowhunt and gun hunt. Doubt if I will take a doe this season, but am usually good for a decent buck.

2. CnMBowhunter checking in. I hunt Greene and Warren Counties. Due to kids' activities, my season doesn't usually kick off until late October, early November. Just in time! Can't wait!

BBD45365 and bilman63 like this.

3. It'll be mid October before I hunt also. I did the same thing last season and caught this guy doing some pre-rut cruising on my third sit of the season on October 29th.

Attached Files:

Bryan six likes this.
  4. Make sure you guys p.m. your missing teamate and get them checked in this week!! Good luck this season guys!!

bilman63 likes this.
  5. I just p.m.'d our other 3 team members a little while ago. Hopefully we hear from them soon!!!

Bryan six likes this.
  6. Good luck to you Bryan. Hope I'm there when you kill a big boy!!!:D

Bryan six likes this.
  7. Me too Bill!!!

bilman63 likes this.
  8. Nice buck Bilman! I have yet to see anything that big in the Ohio woods. Plenty on trail cameras throughout the seasons, but never while I am on stand. Hopefully this is the year.

Bryan six likes this.
  9. Thanks Bryan. Good luck to you as well. If we don't get any more check ins by tomorrow, I will also send PMs.

Bryan six likes this.
  10. Thanks!!! That's a Greene county buck.

Bryan six likes this.
  11. Checking in. Champaign county here
    Bow and gun hunt private land.

BBD45365 likes this.
  12. Welcome!!!

13. My wife and I are expecting our second boy anytime now. I'm guessing I won't make it out much in October. Fortunately for me, our first son is 9 and likes to hunt. He is still trying to get his first deer so it should be an exciting season

bilman63 likes this.
  14. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505956432.241120.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505956501.448737.jpg
    These are the best ones I have on camera. I have pictures from '13 of the first buck. Not very often I get hard horned daytime pictures but I have been getting a few
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505957057.461749.jpg
    I shot this one last year on the second evening. I watched him two weeks prior every night. He came out a little late the first night but right on time the second.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505957218.160193.jpg
    I shot this one the year before last on November 8th. I had hundreds of pictures of him, all around 2 or 3am. No sightings or pictures ever during the day except once. The rut is an amazing time of year.
    Good luck and be safe. Quality hunts over quantity of hunts

Bryan six, bilman63 and BBD45365 like this.
  15. Hello guys.

I live in Shelby county but hunt Auglaize county and will be hunting Champaign county as well. I lost a good spot in Shelby county this year but picked up the spot in Champaign county but not sure how good it will be. Heading out there tomorrow to hang some cameras. Way behind where I'm normally at but I'm okay with it cause my Auglaize county place has lots of does but the bucks don't show up till they start looking for the ladies.

I also make some trips to Scioto/Lawrence county. I have a few acres next to some Wayne National property in Perry county I bought a couple years ago I have just haven't hunted th area yet but might give it a shot this year.

So far looks like we are all from the same general part of state which is pretty cool.

Bryan six and bilman63 like this.
  16. Here's a few from my card pull a couple weeks ago. I won't check them again til mid October when I hunt the first time. The last buck will for sure get a pass. I believe he may be a son of the buck I harvested last year. I may shoot that big six point. If I do it will be after rut. This farm pulls in some real nice bucks when rut gets closer.

Attached Files:

cambridgezowie likes this.
  17. We're still missing Buckslayer.

18. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1506115056.111182.jpg
    Here is my six point haha.(I know he's a seven) This is the third year I have had him on camera. You won't here this very often but I was pretty disappointed he added the extra point. ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1506115261.278943.jpg
    Here is another I have that will be pretty cool.

Wildlife likes this.