Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Mathews guy for ten years. I've never bashed another bow, but nothing could ever, ever stack up to a Mathews. Well, back in March I was browsing around FFF in Ashland and I cam across the Hoyt Carbon Element. It's unique design really caught my eye, but I left it at that. Well, I was bored this past Sunday and thought that I would make a drive to browse around the store. I of course moseyed into the archery section and there again was the Element. Then, for some reason, I got the impulse to buy a new bow. I have a Mathews Drenalin in perfect condition that hasn't been shot much as I was in the military for most of the time that I owned it, but I all of a sudden couldn't resist the element. Well, I simply can't afford $1300 for a new bow, but they did have last years Carbon Matrix, which is the longer, camo version for $1029. I decided to take a few shots on their range and before I knew it, I was a Hoyt shooter. I have it all rigged up and ready to go, but I still need to pick up a dozen arrows take her out to the property for some shots. Words can't describe how excited I am to get her all tuned and sighted and ready for archery season. I am pumped! :bouncy:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I do like the matrix a tad better being longer...The newer cam system is a tad better in feel in my opinion,then last years..I think ya got a deal,an your happy so ya cant beat that:thumbs_up:.Used 2010 Matrix are still going for over 750$ used even...:yikes:

. I would really REALLY like a Matrix with the old hoyt katera Z3 cams:idea:..So smooth an speedy to boot..Maybe someday:nono:

FYI:You crossed over FROM the darkside;)...The dren was one of the last good bow Mathews produced hunting wise IMO..The Z series is not for me at all..The Monsters are a tad better,...Just my opinion though

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they're certainly pricey! I'm in love though, so my wallet doesn't seem to hurt as much. I'm itchin' to shoot it!

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Congrats on picking up a bow you love. It will be a pleasure to shoot I'm sure. You also learned a valuable lesson, there is danger in shopping as you might find something you can't live without. Good luck with it.

Rghz06

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha ha, RGZ, that's why I try to limit my exposure time to hunting catalogues and store visits. At least until I make my first million :16suspect1:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Enjoy,I would love one but can't swing the cash.
heard that! I am going to buy either a hoyt upper end bow next year or a Mathews upper end bow next year. I like them both I love the feel, I have a hoyt now, and I love it, but every Mathews I have shot has not been a slouch either!

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
I wouldnt call it crossing to the dark side. I would call it crossing from the dark side.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I was once a diehard Mathews man until I shot some bowtechs. Now I'm a proud destroyer owner. Congrats on many robin hoods.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts