close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crossbows...for or against

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Troph-E-Hunter, Jan 8, 2003.

1. FOR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FOR (LIMITED) - Only in late season or seperate season

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. AGAINST

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. AGAINST (LIMITED)- Only used for physically impaired

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I see that I have opened a can of worms again. Let's revisit this issue like we did earlier.

2. basement;
    First, thanks for catching that basement about the xbow in late season. When I left Indiana 2 years ago, it was only for handicap. Not hunting there and not being a xbow hunter, I wouldn't know about the late season rule. Second, I wonder why Indiana only allows it in late season? And finally, about your "full of deer pellets statement" I don't think I am full because they sure don't allow xbows for the entire season...just partially full of pellets! :) Finally, I will disregard the "can't find your head" statement! :)

Jeffmo;
    Did I call you a slob? My comment is that some hunters want the easiest way into the woods, thus someone developed a gun that resembles a bow. Also, a compound resembles a gun because it is point and shoot. Compound shooting involves many facets to pull off the successful shot. I like the challenge it possesses. My "lame excuse" comment comes with my lazy explanation above. Those that I have met have solely bought one because it is so gun-like....in this I don't agree. I also have seen them use it as though it were a regular gun.
    Have you met xbow users like this? 75% of xbowers are like this.

"Higher degree of danger?" Don't you think a cocked crossbow is more dangerouse with our without a bolt than a compound?

However........I have met ethical and responsible xbowers. By your replies, I would assume both of you to be so....and for this I am grateful. I just wish that those of xbowers that I meet, that they would be more like you! I do agree that slobs will hurt the reputation of others, yet I still wonder why people choose over a crossbow.

A few other questions tTo both of you (and others getting into this thread).....

Why did you get a xbow rather than a compound?

What kind of sport offerings are there after hunting season for crossbows? I don't hear about IBO and 3D shoots with xbows. Do these exist?

3. Troph-E-Hunter,

Enough already, let it go.

4. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin Mod

This topic does nothing other than divide hunters who need to be a united front. I've seen it before, and I'm closing this thread.