Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first canoe and am jacked up for my first trip down the Greenville creek fishing this weekend. The only problem is, I have only ever fished in ponds and have no idea how to fish a river. I really want to fly fish it but am not opposed to spin fishing either and I don't have any idea what flies or spinning bait to use or how to fish them in moving water. Anyone have any good tips or places to go and find good info? Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dark craw colored bomber A model is great for river fishing. Also a green pumpkin senko is a good way to go as well. When i fish the river i usually fish with the current, depending on the situation. oh yea if you go with the senko 5 inch will catch mostly smallies and the four inch will get you both rockbass and smallies.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Have a 1/4 or 3/8 oz spinnerbait available in all white or chatterbait in same size and color.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, it registered and legal. When your fishing, do you let the bait, or fly, drift in the current, sideways to current, or upstream? Fish near banks? Or middle of the channel? Etc. I'm really a river rookie.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts