Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went seine net fishing at Tawawa park in Sidney Ohio was a good trip caught about 5lbs had a crab boil was very delicious

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Newknoxville,
Welcome to Ohio Sportsman forums! :Welcome: Sounds like you certainly had a good catch.

I was born in good ole Wilson Memorial and spent a lot of time in Tawawa Park.

Bowhunter57

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my family took me their a lot when I was younger and me and some friends thought it would be good ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1338919083.748417.jpg it was a great meal

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Welcome Newknoxville! Question for you about the crawfish. After you catch them how do you clean them up before boiling? I looked up some recipes online and they talk about rinsing them in salt water. I was out fishing today and saw a lot of crawfish along the edge and was thinking about trying to catch some and try a boil. Anything else you can share would be great.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had enough of this! I'm going to joes crab shack sunday! Lol looks excellent

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
There are lots of them in there. I Just had my boys down there about a week ago and they were catching them with a net......must have seen a thousand of them and caught A couple dozen. I didn't realize people at them around here.....I always use them for bait:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This was the first time I have done a boil it was a lot of time spent on you tube watching videos and how to

What i did
Caught the crayfish kept them alive
Put in a big crate and ran water over them and poured salt on them as the water wrinkled them off while that was happening

Boiled water with creole seasoning from Walmart added garlic onion and lemons brought to a rolling boil added potatoes corn on the cob and sausage brought back to a boil let stand 10-15 mins then added crayfish and mushrooms let come back to a rolling boil and turned burner off let stand 20 minutes then served was very good

On how to eat just take off shell of tail and claw meat Tastes good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts