Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
coonskin cap
I've wondered about this all day but didn't want to ask what a cc was. I thought the guy might have got his carry permit but that doesn't have a wow factor to it.

Go figure! Should have known.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry...its his concealed carry...i figured youd all know what it meant since its in the forum where thats usually talked about...i guess the wow was because he's not a hunter or anything like that,just wants it for protection...12 hour class...he brought his targets in from the shooting part...just thought this was neat...:D

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
lots of people get them that dont hunt,
did he have a good tight group for 20 feet ?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Concealed is nice if you have the $200 to get it but if you don't you can always just open carry. You just need to read the laws about unloading before you enter your vehicle.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Concealed is nice if you have the $200 to get it but if you don't you can always just open carry. You just need to read the laws about unloading before you enter your vehicle.
Oh, ya! Open carry around town. Now that is good advise.

·
Banned
624 Posts
People don't open carry because if you did you'd be stared at and avoided. Store managers would call the police who would not be happy with you since they now needed to follow you around to handle all the "man with a gun" calls. Children would point and mothers would quickly pull them away.

Brave folks would call you names and those particularly brave would openly question your sanity.

That's why those afflicted with inappropriate paranoia need to conceal carry. It keeps them from being found out.

I always enjoy it when someone's jacket opens enough to see their weapon and I scream "GUN !!!" at the top of my lungs. They get all flustered, people back away, cell phones are used, and the police show up. After all, how do I know if he's legally carrying or just there to rob the place?

It's always better to error on the safe side, don't you think? I mean, if there really are so many people out there ready to kill us, how do I know if some stranger with a gun is good or bad?

(Please note: I don't really yell "gun"... but it does present a different outcome of cc, doesn't it?)

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
He paid 67 ...
.:D
The class cost me $75 and the permit was $125. My wife's class was $50 so the price here varies. My class included the class, range, gun, ammo, finger prints, paperwork and picture. Sign your check and send it in. The wife had to pay for her prints and photo in addition to the class. This is all in Florida.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
293 Posts
coonskinner, Congratulations on getting your CCW license!
Here is an excellent web site to keep you informed on changing laws and issues and concerns with carrying a concealed weapon as well as open carry in Ohio.

http://ohioccwforums.org/index.php

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Co-worker gets a CCW PERMIT.

**** may already have one.:mischeif:Not sue if HE does, however.
RGJZ06

·
22,520 Posts
Co-worker gets a CCW PERMIT.

**** may already have one.:mischeif:Not sue if HE does, however.
RGJZ06
He carries a mini crossbow:mischeif::biggrin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts