Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a great camera that I've recently had the chance to review. Check out my Covert Special Ops Code Black Review. IMO it is the best cellular enabled camera out there.

Check out the review when you get the chance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
For mms cams, this is better than my Lil Acorn & much better better than my SG580M mms . Just the same, it's not a fix all type of cam. With the cam set in the woods, the sun is your worst enemy because of the shadows. The sun light will trigger the cam quite often, resulting in pics of nothing. The PIR is very sensitive, so I get a lot of pics of barely anything .... just the rear end or snout of a deer. The IR's do put off a lot of light, so IF a deer co-operates, then you'll be happy.

Once the leaves are down, I feel this will be a better camera for me

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I get quite a few false triggers with the sensitivity cranked all the way up, but I also get pictures of animals 50+ feet away on hot days. I'd rather get some false positives than miss some pictures.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Good review Steve. Looks like it's a keeper.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
87 Posts
My sensitivity is cranked all the way down with electrical tape on both outer sides of the PIR. At least with false pics, we know our cam is still locked to a tree....lol

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
The cam I have will fire with the slightest movement. Just a slight breeze moving a tree limb will cause it to react.

RGJZ05

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sensitivity is cranked all the way down with electrical tape on both outer sides of the PIR. At least with false pics, we know our cam is still locked to a tree....lol
That's how I feel. I like it when it phones home once a day.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Steve a quick question for you. In your review you stated that out of 600 pictures 300 were sent to you. How come only half ? I am looking at one of these for my Illinois hunt this fall. I have 5 Bushnells set up there already but would like one of these to keep track of possibilities leading up to the hunt.
Thanks Dave

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's because I have it shoot 2 pictures every time it triggers. It will only send one of those.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Battery life is very good. It has now sent about 450 pictures over cellular without a battery change and that is with alkaline batteries

Sent from my DROIDX using OutHub

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just sent me this picture today.

Talk about sensitive even in the heat of the day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts