Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys when does the farmers in ohio start taking there corn off on average. Just got some land to hunt on this year and was curious to when the corn started coming off. Was up this weekend and done some scouting and hanging stands. Hung most of the stands off the fields but was wondering when the corn would come off for long range spoting.

·
7,173 Posts
Helps to know what county you're in. Ashtabula would be much later then Highland.

Most places the harvest will be earlier then normal. I would expect much will be off by the rut.

·
Registered
207 Posts
It really all depends on when they planted and what kind of corn they put in.. Can get 70-120 day corn. It's kind of random. Although normally here in Ohio we do mid July (not this year) all the way through to September and early October.

I am gonna guess and this is a guess because we haven't done corn in years, that a lot of farmers are going to wait as long as they can and even skip a few fields.

Only reason I say this is from what that adjuster said that it is pretty much a set thing. This way they'd save on fuel costs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts