Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just passed my hunter education course this week. Can I use that for my conceal carry class or do I still need to take that course as well? Someone told me to fill out paperwork and take the passing hunter Ed stuff to sheriff. I just want to see what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I just passed my hunter education course this week. Can I use that for my conceal carry class or do I still need to take that course as well? Someone told me to fill out paperwork and take the passing hunter Ed stuff to sheriff. I just want to see what everyone else thinks.
I've never heard of that. I would 99% say no.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
22,521 Posts

·
22,521 Posts
Just to add some more information to my post above-

Take a firearm safety course. You will need to have a copy of the certificate of completion of a firearm safety course in order to apply for a permit. Contact local shooting ranges, your county's Sheriff's office or the Ohio Department of Justice for class availability. Gander Mountain also has courses that individuals post on the message board in their stores.

After you get your certificate-You can apply for a concealed carry permit in either the Sheriff's office in your county or an adjacent county. Bring your firearm safety class certificate and a current photograph to the permit office. Contact the Sheriff's office for exact requirements as some offices will copy your original certificate only on site and may require a passport style photograph.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well thank you all so much. Sorry to be so unknowlegable ! I will head to stonewall a local range to take my class.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You will have your CCP in no time. Good luck.:thumbs_up:

RGJZ06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts