Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Well cozy dale lake is nice but these idiots next to me wont put their weed.away.....bout to call an on duty friend of mine. I asked them nicely

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
Did you call on them?

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
173 Posts
There are NO good pay lakes.. Ohio was smart enough ban CF,s from raping our Rivers and putting the trophy cats in fishbowls called pay lakes so the CF,s and paylake owners are trying there best to Wipe out the Ohio River in Indiana and Ky who have NO limits or reg,s. And they are doing a good job of it I might add

·
Registered
173 Posts
What No Commits Or Support to get it stopped There are orginized efferts in KY and IN< how did you guys get it stopped ?????

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Goshengrunter, Paylakes seem to have a lot of differant types of fisherman at them. The pot head is just one of them. There the drunks, the kids that come down to party thinking it will be alright. Then there are the guy's that come to the lake to win the jackpot every week. There are quite a few good guys that just come down to fish and enjoy a night of a few beers and a few good friends These are the guys that have kids and have no time to hang with there friends so they meet up at the local paylake to catch up...These guy's were the best group to have at a pay lake...

I use to run a payLake for a year until I realized that there was no money in it and a lot of time. I coached soccer and ran a business. + the pay lake. I got out of the pay lake Business. With that being said I have seen every type of pay laker there is...

The pot heads were fine because they always came up and bought snacks and never caused trouble. LOL The drunks sucked because it was always a hassel kicking the out.. The jack pot brakers never bought a thing. The young guy's that were drinking always got loud and thought they would try to be tough in from of the little girl friends... By the end of the year we had a pretty good group of people at the lake.

Cozy dale is expencive but nice... Cedar lake is a good lake right down the road from you. with some nice fish. Willard's is on 50 on the left towards Hillsboro... There is horse shoe which is on 133 south of 50 close to you.

To me paylake seem to draw a 50 50 mix of the good and the bad....

As for the commit of the paylakes catching all the fish from the rivers... That is true to an extent. Ky offers commercal licenses and allow hand catching. Indiana I am un sure of.. Ohio sells comercial licenses and 98 % of them are on erie. The south like alabama and the rest down there have put new laws in place to keep there fish in state.

Either way you need papers to transport fish over state lines and if a paylake is buying them they have to have all the papers or they can get in trouble. I got offered to buy fish from people all the time. I just told them if they want to throw them in they can but I am not paying for them.. We did get seveal loads one was from Danny from mid-american fish (he is at cedar lake) He also stocked lake Isabela and all the hamilton county lakes With Cat's and trout. The other guy's all had the papers one batch came from a lake in Ky and the other I can't remember..

I was fully against paylakes until I was asked to take one over. I thought it would be fun which it was. Now I am not against them I see there nich. They do take from the wild but I also know a few guys that keep the fish that they catch to put in there own ponds and lakes or just to eat them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts