Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas . I'm interested to know if you're allowed to used centerfire Rifles, specifically in my case an AR15 in 5.56 or my .243 Howa ok public hunting land now for coyotes (not deer season) I'd be hunting Grand River wildlife area. Found some decent spots to set up and thought hey I'm not sure if I even can do with with those guns. From research what I've come up with is you can just only at night? I've seen that on multiple older forums from the early 2000s and I just want to be sure before I head out there and get fined for doing something wrong. Thanks fellas! PS this was a last resort before calling a game warden. Nothing in the regulatuore says you can't do it but then again nothing says you can, that I've found!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Yes you can. Only time you can't is during deer gun seasons. You can during the day also.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Grand River WA is not a big place. Lots of farm houses near. Make sure you know your shooting conditions. Center fire rounds can travel a long ways. I don't know the topography of the land, but try to shoot downhill.

Maybe even leave the center fire at home....use a shotgun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts