Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Super Moderator
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally jumped into the cell cam thing this past fall. I found a couple really good deals, and thought I'd try it out and compare a couple of the cheaper options out there!! Also, they are super easy to set up! Check it out if ya like!!

· Super Moderator
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I run the moultries, I got them 2 for 150$ (75 each) on academy sporting goods website....I've been happy for the last 2 years now...I get alot of amazing pics due to my cellular cams...love em....
That's awesome and to get that kind of deal 2 years ago is pretty amazing!!

· Registered
1,512 Posts
Plus how much for service per year? Seems like most very basic plans are around $60/year and go up from there. Is that correct?
you are correct, they have different plans, I have a pro plan thats cheaper for multiple cameras, but I get so much more of an idea of whats going on on my property its worth it to me...ive found we have a large roaming pack of coyotes, bobcats that like our boat (we use 2 for security cameras too), they might not be for everybody-but our family really enjoys them.....even though moultrie has a 3 hr delay on sending the pics, its very helpful seeing how deer are using my plots and travel routes

· Super Moderator
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plus how much for service per year? Seems like most very basic plans are around $60/year and go up from there. Is that correct?
They all have flexible service plans. Most offer month to month pay options. For the Moultrie I paid $10/month for up to 600 pictures, That's the price when you pay month to month. I never came close to that 600 but depending on where you put it and how much activity there is you might want the unlimited option ($17/month when you pay month to month). I only used it 3 months so that was a total of $30.

The WGI Encounter actually has a FREE plan! You get 100 pictures per month for free! That's not a lot, but if you had it over a trail and just caught deer passing by then you might be okay. I went with their unlimited pics plan which is $12/month when you pay by month. Again, I only used it 3 months so that was $36.

· Registered
Hunting.
11 Posts
So, I finally jumped into the cell cam thing this past fall. I found a couple really good deals, and thought I'd try it out and compare a couple of the cheaper options out there!! Also, they are super easy to set up! Check it out if ya like!!

This was one of the best threads I've come across in awhile!
I just use a couple Tasco standard trailcams in the backyard to catch deer and bear out there, and this thread has me thinking two of theses cellular cameras would make my life easier especially during our after Christmas flintlock/archery season here in northern Pa. Not much fun trecking out in sub zero temps to discover no tracks in the snow near the treestand!

Thank you!

· Registered
6 Posts
I've been running a couple of Tactacam Reveal X Pro's and love them. A breeze to setup, solar panel keeps them going, good quality pictures + videos, lots of customization/options, no infrared/no chance of spooking deer, and the app is great to use. They're a tad more expensive upfront, but I think it was well worth it.

If you are running a lot of cameras, Cuddelink's would probably be best though since you can run them all on 1 cell plan.

· Super Moderator
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've been running a couple of Tactacam Reveal X Pro's and love them. A breeze to setup, solar panel keeps them going, good quality pictures + videos, lots of customization/options, no infrared/no chance of spooking deer, and the app is great to use. They're a tad more expensive upfront, but I think it was well worth it.

If you are running a lot of cameras, Cuddelink's would probably be best though since you can run them all on 1 cell plan.
I've heard good things about the Tactacams, but these are nearly half the price of those. I didn't realize Cuddelink lets you do multiple cams on one plan. That's really cool!

· Registered
657 Posts

They are getting cheaper because they are being focused on for possible ban along with feeders it is speculated

· Registered
949 Posts
If you have a HomeBuys around you, they sell Sam's Club overstock. They have the Stealth TrailTek (Fusion) and Sonix (Fusion X) for $60 or $70 (depending who is pricing them). HomeBuys often has 20% off Liquidation. It's the whole package - camera, Duracell batteries, and SD card.

Some folks have trouble with them, but for the most part they are solid for the price. Cheapest plan is $5/month and you can suspend when it's not in the field.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts