Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to get on some catfish here lately and im not having as much luck as usual. My three lake options are lake logan, lake snowden, and lake hope. I suspect that lake logan would be the best producer but we have only been pullin out a few channels and one flat head been very slow. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Cool weather like today and yesterday is a good start early morning or in the evening. And id go to lake Logan and fish the second pull off when u pull in there is picnic tables at the end on Ur right fish from the end of that finger Ull be faceing the old farm on the other side of the lake cast 40-50 yards Ull do ok there

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Oh and live bait is good for big shovel heads I allways have good luck with shad or goldfish but yellow bellys with there stingers cut off work the best!!! And u can chatch them at the far end of the lake all day long and if u go down to that end and turn onto that road fish the channel on the left I place in a few tournaments down there

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
There's some good channel cats in Snowden but it's tough to bank fish with all the weeds. I've only caught a couple but was not targeting them when I did. I saw one in shallow water from my kayak 2 years ago that was very big.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Snowden has grass pretty much all around the banks now, boat is only way to fish it, catfish is biting good right now back in the fingers of the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts