Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Carbon Injexion Arrows

1K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  RGJZ06 
#1 ·
I'm looking into buying some new hunting arrows and came across the Easton Carbon Injexion Arrow. Does anyone know of these or are you using them now? Or are they some type of hipe or scam. I guess some serious target shooters have been using these and now they can be made to use in hunting.

RGJZ06

#2 ·
From what I have seen there simply a micro diameter shaft that takes A special thread insert(deep six),which requires you buy there "deep six" practice points an broadheads(limited to 6 to a dz of choices) made to work with the deep six insert.I am not sure what they mean"used buy target archers".If they mean micro diameter shafts,then yes..But other companies have came out with micro diameter shafts for hunting prior an them...If I was going for a micro slim arrow,which I may next year..I would look at Victory VAP(victory armor piercing) with Firenock aeroutserts...Just my thoughts on the subject

#4 ·
The carbon injexions are 85$ an up for half a dz factory ready to shoot...There aint no freaking way Im paying that,for a product that has yet to prove itself..:mischeif:

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
All good input.

To your point, the cost is somewhat high and a limited selection of broad heads, (one so far). I would assume the cost could come down if more vendors jumped in with their comparable products. As with anything new, users pretty much drive the market and cost. It looks like the shafts have been out there for years so that side of it must be a proven factor. Adapting to the hunting world will be the next step.

I try not to be the Beta crash dummy for new unproven products. With the amount of bow hunters on this site, it's easy to get their real world take on a product like this.

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

#6 ·
5 or 6 "Deep six" heads are out
NAP
Deep6 Big nasty(looks good)
Deep6 Bloodrunnner 2 blade
Deep6 Spitfire maxx
Deep6 thunderhead razor
And a muzzy

I honestly have no issue with the special insert,because I like a couple of the heads.But I would just use the deep6 insert in a VAP hunting shafts:whistle: If i went that way at all:biggrin:

.Some arrows are hype or hyped up,not junk but kinda hyped or they make false claims.
The new Carbon express Maxima Blue streaks,with "dual spine" and "weight forward technology" in review/testing showed that they may not have any weight forward advantage an that the dual spine is subtle if any.
http://archeryreport.com/2011/12/review-carbon-express-blue-streak-shafts-arrows/

It appears to me that Easton has taken there Carbon One series an adapted them for hunting..Which them an other companies have done before..Easton lightspeed are pretty much the flatline hunting shaft they released a year or so ago.Gold tip velocity series hunting shafts share a strong resemblance in specs an features to there Ultralight series made before it..The list goes one,but sometimes it is just WHO the shaft is marketed towards...Im guessing when they say the Carbon injexion has been used buy serious target archers,that they mean the super slim diameter..I would guess in long range field archery,where the skinny shafts would not be affected buy wind as much on these sometimes super long shots..I am not sure why a 3D archer would use them,unless its there hunting setup an they dont wanna retune or change shafts etc..A skinny shaft offers no advantage and even a disadvantage on the 3D course... But some of this is just my opinions..I do know that one of the best archers in the world has won multiple venues in archery using what is called a hunting shafts(gold tip Pro hunters)...I could ramble more,but I will save that for another post:cheeky-smiley-022:

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
5 or 6 "Deep six" heads are out
NAP
Deep6 Big nasty(looks good)
Deep6 Bloodrunnner 2 blade
Deep6 Spitfire maxx
Deep6 thunderhead razor
And a muzzy

I honestly have no issue with the special insert,because I like a couple of the heads.But I would just use the deep6 insert in a VAP hunting shafts:whistle: If i went that way at all:biggrin:

.Some arrows are hype or hyped up,not junk but kinda hyped or they make false claims.
The new Carbon express Maxima Blue streaks,with "dual spine" and "weight forward technology" in review/testing showed that they may not have any weight forward advantage an that the dual spine is subtle if any.
http://archeryreport.com/2011/12/review-carbon-express-blue-streak-shafts-arrows/

It appears to me that Easton has taken there Carbon One series an adapted them for hunting..Which them an other companies have done before..Easton lightspeed are pretty much the flatline hunting shaft they released a year or so ago.Gold tip velocity series hunting shafts share a strong resemblance in specs an features to there Ultralight series made before it..The list goes one,but sometimes it is just WHO the shaft is marketed towards...Im guessing when they say the Carbon injexion has been used buy serious target archers,that they mean the super slim diameter..I would guess in long range field archery,where the skinny shafts would not be affected buy wind as much on these sometimes super long shots..I am not sure why a 3D archer would use them,unless its there hunting setup an they dont wanna retune or change shafts etc..A skinny shaft offers no advantage and even a disadvantage on the 3D course... But some of this is just my opinions..I do know that one of the best archers in the world has won multiple venues in archery using what is called a hunting shafts(gold tip Pro hunters)...I could ramble more,but I will save that for another post:cheeky-smiley-022:
So how much testing have you done with your setup? You would be an extremely poor poker player. Sounds like you have the hot setup for comp.

I'm just a looker and a hunter, nothing more or less.

I get hyped all of the time by big company's looking to put one over on me or one of my guys. They are all really young, right out of school. They have been tripped up a few times and have learned some hard lessons. I look at experienced guys like yourself for real world input and your take on things. There have been several lookers on these posts but not many comment.

RGJZ06

#8 ·
So how much testing have you done with your setup? You would be an extremely poor poker player. Sounds like you have the hot setup for comp.

I'm just a looker and a hunter, nothing more or less.

I get hyped all of the time by big company's looking to put one over on me or one of my guys. They are all really young, right out of school. They have been tripped up a few times and have learned some hard lessons. I look at experienced guys like yourself for real world input and your take on things. There have been several lookers on these posts but not many comment.

RGJZ06

I never said I have a hot setup for comp or for anything..I was simply sharing info some of which seems simple to me.I suck at hunting.I do have an obsession with products an how they work or dont,that is about it

#10 ·
I never said I have a hot setup for comp or for anything..I was simply sharing info some of which seems simple to me.I suck at hunting.I do have an obsession with products an how they work or dont,that is about it
I stand corrected, Sir. I was reading to much into your signage, :)whistle::D). I thought you were using these arrows or other micro shafts and were being coy. Sorry.

I do appreciate you insight and look forward to your opinion in the future.

RGJZ06

#11 ·
I stand corrected, Sir. I was reading to much into your signage, :)whistle::D). I thought you were using these arrows or other micro shafts and were being coy. Sorry.

I do appreciate you insight and look forward to your opinion in the future.

RGJZ06
No,NO..Sorry if I misled anyone..I just know what I would try for difference venues.I currently shoot Victory HV1 400spine's out of my bow..

#12 ·
I will be trying them this fall. Easton sent me half a dozen and NAP sent me three of their Deep Six Heads. I will be evaluating them for Bowhunting.net. I have been using ACC 3-60 for years and have the part time job of evaluating archery equipment and have done quite a few brands of arrows but I always come back to my ACC's. Maybe it will be different with the Injexion arrows. We'll see!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will be trying them this fall. Easton sent me half a dozen and NAP sent me three of their Deep Six Heads. I will be evaluating them for Bowhunting.net. I have been using ACC 3-60 for years and have the part time job of evaluating archery equipment and have done quite a few brands of arrows but I always come back to my ACC's. Maybe it will be different with the Injexion arrows. We'll see!
I would like to hear your results. I'm looking into buying a target to shoot mine into, (just received them yesterday). I received the NAP Deep Six broad heads as well. My Block target grew feet and walked away so I have to buy another one. Do you know of a better target than the Big Block?:D

RGJZ06

#14 ·
ACC are a excellent arrow one of the absolute best..If your allowed to say,which NAP deep six are you testing?Or is it all of them?The Big nasty looks great to me..
I would like to hear your results. I'm looking into buying a target to shoot mine into, (just received them yesterday). I received the NAP Deep Six broad heads as well. My Block target grew feet and walked away so I have to buy another one. Do you know of a better target than the Big Block?:D

RGJZ06
My vote for practice tips goes to the Third hand archery RAG BAG..Its a target that comes empty an you stuff it with old clothes or such..About 3x3ft and if you shoot the entire face out every,he will send ya one..The blob is hard to beat for Broadheads,or you can use a cheap Bhead target to Bhead tune an take a few shots here an there..And save the bulk of your shooting for practice tips..I am going to try a Walmart target for Bheads this yr.I picked it up end up season marked down..

#15 ·
I have to agree with you on the ACC. I have used them for years on 3-D and hunting. Great arrow!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

#16 ·
I like the thin arrows but I am going to stick with my ACC's. I have a 29" draw and am shooting them with a QAD rest, which allows me to shoot arrows at 27.5 inches. If you are interested in these arrows you can contact me and we can work something out in trade. I will include the deep six expandable broadheads as well. They shot about an inch lower at 20 yards than my ACC but I think the smaller diameter, which sits lower on my rest was the reason. They grouped just as good but I have over a dozen and a half ACC so I do not see a reason to change.

#18 ·
I like the thin arrows but I am going to stick with my ACC's. I have a 29" draw and am shooting them with a QAD rest, which allows me to shoot arrows at 27.5 inches. If you are interested in these arrows you can contact me and we can work something out in trade. I will include the deep six expandable broadheads as well. They shot about an inch lower at 20 yards than my ACC but I think the smaller diameter, which sits lower on my rest was the reason. They grouped just as good but I have over a dozen and a half ACC so I do not see a reason to change.
That's a good point about the rest adjustment for these small diameter arrows. I'm using a NAP Apache Carbon rest that's been adjusted for this shaft diameter arrow. My broad heads are NAP Deep Six, fixed, Big Nasty, 100 grains. What are the shafts you have spined for? My bow is set up to 58 lbs.

RGJZ06

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.