4K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  george tinkham 
#1 ·
Stormsearch
Charter Member
400 posts Mar-04-03, 12:30 PM (CST)

"Crank prices - Cabela's vs. Bass Pro"

RipShad: Bass Pro - $5.49, Cabella's - $4.79
Night Stalker (pencil plug): Bass Pro - $4.29, Cabella's - $3.99
I could go on, but this is a trend I have been seing between both stores. If you only pick up a few here and there, no big deal. But when buying in lots, it adds up quickly...

Erie Eye
Guest User
Mar-05-03, 06:29 PM (CST)

1. "RE: Crank prices - Cabela's vs. Bass Pro"
In response to message #0

Check out Cabela's reel prices compared to Bass Pro. They are blowing them away! Better service, better value, people who know the walleye angler. Gotta love 'em!

http://www.walleyecentral.com/dcf/generaldiscussion/25575.html

See less See more
#3 ·
They have always under cut Bass pro. They are a great catalog to order from. This year I want to go to the store up in Mich. with the family.;)

#4 ·
I'm kinda lucky because we have a BPS at Indian to pickup needed replacement stuff.

Since they put the Dancin' Bears up in DunDee, I've made 3-4 trips a year up there ~ a 2 hr drive North from IL, except for the snow storm I got caught in up there on my last trip in Dec:rolleyes: ;)

I try to hit Wally World just about anytime now, when the new fishin' stock is out to replace my R-Trap Inv & browse.

I get my RRs & some Erie stuff from Den ~ my Vib Es from Corey & that about rounds out my shoppin' places:)

#6 ·
I agree george

till they started building so many of the super-stores & havin' higher overhead the last few years. I can remember driving out to Springfield Mo after they finished the 1st super store ~ I was in fanasty land! I then went back a year or so later & brought home a new Bass Tracker to Ohio. Now the market is much more competitive with Wal-mart, Dicks, Cabela's & many others .. time will tell;)

#12 ·
Cabelas

Cabelas mainly order most of my hunting gear there. bass pro does not have much when it comes to hunting gear and quality i think.Walmarts stink for hunting supplies and would not buy anything from kmart due to rosie o donut as spoke person .I do pick up spme stuff at The andersons though

#15 ·
cabelas vs. bass pro

cabelas wins hands down in my book-- their customer service is second to none and at better prices to boot! ive ordered plenty of stuff from them and its always at my door well ahead of the stated delivery date- and george cabelas does sponser a race at michigan speedway for the busch series -kids under 12 get in free! i'd like to see BPS do that--tight lines folks spring is around the corner:D

#16 ·
i have ordered from cabelas when they started in CHAPPEL neb. when they had discount prices...the catalog companies back then had the cheapest prices,but i watched that change over the years.i used to order because it was cheaper but today i only order from catalogs because i cant find it locally and this includes traditional archery supplies too...but it is good to see these companies getting the word out.the cabela boys are millionaire today and go huntin all over the world,its good to see them giving something back which i believe they always have...no doubt they have top notch service

#17 ·
Re: cabelas vs BPS

Very interesting reading. I live about 10 minutes from the BPS in Cincinnati. I took all of your advises and checked prices online. I checked 5 different items. In all 5 items, BPS was cheaper than Capelas. ( This was compairing exact items). For example, I checked Road Runner Bubble Body and found BPS @ $1.49 and Cabelas was $3.49 for the same item.
I just can't see what you are talking about. Sure there are some thing that BPS will be more expensive. There will also be items the Cabelas will be more expensive on. Don't condem a store for a couple items.

Mike

#21 ·
I think Cabelas and Bass Pro are actually owned by the same company. They both take turns on who is going to have the lowest prices each month.

I do like Cabelas hunting show better than Bass Pro's show.

If you have access to one of the stores then I think you can get some good deals. If you have to order on line then they'll rape you with shipping fee's.

Galyans in Columbus seemed like a pretty good store with good prices too. We ain't got crap down here in the low country of South Carolina. I hear they are building a Bass Pro in Savanna, but even then it's still a 45-60 minute drive.

Thunderflight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.