Door prize giveaways every hour

Got a bunch of e-mails asking for details and such:
www.huntingexpo.net

Like and be entered to win prizes
www.facebook.com/OVHuntExpo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Went to the Wesbanco Arena this evening with the family, but never went into the Expo.

I could not understand why it seemed like nobody was there. Getting a parking space in front of the Wesbanco Arena is almost unheard of if there's an event, but there were several spaces when we arived around 6:30p this evening. It became apparent when me, my wife and our 2 boys tried to walk into the arena....$10/adult & $5/children. It was going to cost me $30 to walk through the door, so I could visit a vendor who had to pay no less than $300/booth to get into the expo.

I don't want to come off sounding like a screaming liberal, but come on. Why would I pay to visit vendors so I can spend more money (which I intended on doing)....that's like having to pay an entry fee to get into Cabelas at the Highlands.

We got fish at Coleman's Market before going to the expo, so the evening was not a total loss, but if we had driven much farther, I would have spent the money just to justify the cost in gas to get to Wheeling.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't want to come off sounding like a screaming liberal, but come on.
This has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with common sense. If you're going to walk through a place and check out a bunch of products, Cabala's makes a whole lot more sense financially. I have a limited hunting budget to work with and paying money just to walk around and look at stuff to buy isn't high on the priority list. But to each their own.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
About twenty miles from home and very close to where I work, we have a Bass Pro. It's free and I can stop by there on the way home from work. They have vendor events and "hunting TV Stars" over there several times a year, free. I can't see paying for something that should be free. To me, it's just a poor business case to charge for something like what you guys are talking about.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Went to the expo... its sad when the food samples are the biggest highlights... Not a lot going on.
At least they had food.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
512 Posts
Glad i diden't go now... Why pay to see it when u can drive up the road a little further and see it all for free...
Cabellas is way over priced anyway... Theres a new place called woodburry outfitters in st.clairsville ohio same stuff as cabellas and way way cheaper...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Glad i diden't go now... Why pay to see it when u can drive up the road a little further and see it all for free...
Cabellas is way over priced anyway... Theres a new place called woodburry outfitters in st.clairsville ohio same stuff as cabellas and way way cheaper...
They run sales all the time. That's the time to buy. I order online from them, never been in one of their stores. I receive free shipping and no tax. I don't pay a dime for gas as items are delivered to the door.

Bass Pro in Orlando is way over priced so I just look at stuff there, then order online

RGJZ06

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts