close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bush Hog and discing help please will pay $150

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Management' started by dmiller6868, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Well we unfortunately have lost our old tractor and I've lost the patience to fix it. With the season so close I've been trying to get some trails bush hogged and a small food plot in.

If ANYONE could lend a hand this weekend it would be much appreciated. I'm looking for a brush hog to cut some trails. If you also have a disc/tiller I'm looking to put in a 1 acre food plot. Just needing the dirt scratched up pretty good and I'll handle the rest.

I'm willing to pay $50 cash for cutting the trails and $100 for the discing of the food plot.

My farm is near Liberty Chapel rd and Green Valley in Mt. Vernon.

Shoot me a message or give me a call.

Dave

2. Not to shoot down your idea, but diesel is through the roof and decent equipment is really expensive. Most people charge $200 just to tow the equipment in and unload and then charge an hourly rate from there whether the equipment is running or not usually.

You might have a little better luck by talking to some farmers or locals in the area, because unless someone lives really close by then its not going to pay for them to take this on in any way. Good luck, hope you can get something figured out... as I can sympathize with equipment issues!

3. Knox county Help

Dave- Go to QDMA--Food Plot Habitat forum- Under Equipment--
    Look for Harragator for sale-- -JD5210- He is near you and has equipment.
    I am on the other side of county next to Bladensburg and I am to far to help.
    e-mail him and maybe he can help you.
    Steve

4. Sorry to give bad news but 50.00 won't even pay for gas! More like 250.00 plus cost per hr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. "Sorry to give bad news but 50.00 won't even pay for gas! More like 250.00 plus cost per hr."

"Not to shoot down your idea, but diesel is through the roof and decent equipment is really expensive. Most people charge $200 just to tow the equipment in and unload and then charge an hourly rate from there whether the equipment is running or not usually."

You know there are folks out there where it's not all about the money. Nothing wrong with helping out a neighbor. Maybe a little time and effort on someone's part could lead to some new private hunting land? Wish I could help out. ;)

6. Where r u located . And I can work on Ur tractor such is a what

TURKEYBUSTER

7. Thx for all the replies...

Just as an FYI i got an acre bush hogged, and disced very thouroughly for $80 today just before the rain.

Food plot is planted.

8. Glad to hear it! Hope it comes in good for you and good luck. I wasn't trying to be a negative nelly, just letting you know if someone is doing it for profit... its really expensive these days!

9. Where are you..im in west jefferson Ohio and need the same work done

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. It's in my first post where I'm located in Knox Co.

11. If I can get my tractor back together and going id be happy to help. Its in the amity area and my mother ownes ground on the other end of liberty chapel.